lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2021, 12:04 PM   #11
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 mci no power

I pulled the new plugs and both are black. Thinking either weak spark or the china carb is no good.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ezgo-295-35....m46890.l49286

Is this one actually oem?
optikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2021, 12:32 PM   #12
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I put a spark board on it. It didn't want to jump a 1/4 gap. Also the coil is smaller then the mounting bracket, only one bolt is in it, so I think it might be the wrong one
Old 08-28-2021, 01:03 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by optikid View Post
I pulled the new plugs and both are black. Thinking either weak spark or the china carb is no good.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ezgo-295-35....m46890.l49286

Is this one actually oem?
No way to tell unless you buy it . I do see a number on the choke plate which is a good indicator to tell from cheap china one vs OEM .

That is if this is just a picture and not actually the part you are buying. His feedback is low for some reason but it don't show why. Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 98.3% is sort of red flag to me .

The number 5 is on the OEM's I have here and the china ones have nothing on them. I have a box full of used one both OEM and china ones. China ones have nothing at all stamped on them.

If you look inside of choke plate you will see a 13 or 15 stamped but the picture don't show that. Pre Mci engines use the 15 mm venturi and MCI engines used the 13 mm venturi .

MCI carbs are supposed to work on Pre Mci engines but I have found the MCI with 13 mm venturi don't run as good as the ones with 15mm. The ones I tried ran rich. I also tried different jet sizes but again that was just me.

Ask the seller to verify if this carburetor has the number 5 stamped on the choke plate and 15 inside past the choke plate.

Sure is cheap because the dealers want $160 for these now. If indeed they are OEM I would buy two today.

The OEM coils have a + and - stamped where you plug the red and white wires on it. Aftermarket have nothing on them.

I can tell you from all the years working on these engines that the cheap coils will fire but tend to spit back through the carb when you hit the gas pedal. Fire is weaker

I did include a picture so you know what to look for with these coils and carbs to tell the difference between cheap and OEM . The cheap coil is the one that has the white area. OEM has plus and minus stamped where you can see it .

You can also see very plain the OEM carb has a number 13 on the one I uploaded which is a MCI carburetor. At least that's what I have discovered.

Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3262.jpg (148.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3264.jpg (128.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3267.jpg (257.7 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:34 AM   #14
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So the carb I have off the 350 has a 13 on the inside, but im going to need jets. They are mangled. Where can I get some jets for it?
I'm just going to go ahead and get a new coil. Is the hei coil conversations worth it?
Old 08-29-2021, 12:57 PM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
So the carb I have off the 350 has a 13 on the inside, but im going to need jets. They are mangled. Where can I get some jets for it?
I'm just going to go ahead and get a new coil. Is the hei coil conversations worth it?
Country Cat is the dealer I buy from. Go to their site and see what you find. I don't have a clue which one they sell today. All of them might be the MCI carbs. Maybe you could call tomorrow and ask . I did see a #90 jet in stock which should be for the 350.
Here is what I was referring to when I made the post about 13 vs 15 mm carbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13 mm carb.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-29-2021, 06:54 PM   #16
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So the coils I see for the mci engines have a plug on the bottom. Is the ones with the 2 spades for pre mci?
Old 08-29-2021, 07:22 PM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
So the coils I see for the mci engines have a plug on the bottom. Is the ones with the 2 spades for pre mci?
Yes , you have to use the MCI coil and not the ones with spades on them but I don't think that is your problem. Stay away from the HEI on this engine.
I just tried to edit this post and lost what I posted. More later as I just got home from my shop and I am too tired tonight to try and help
Old 08-29-2021, 08:17 PM   #18
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So the coil I have now has the spades, not the plug. And it's to small for the bracket, only one bolts holding it on
It has a new china carb now. But I have a oem mci 350 carb but the jets mangled and the wrong one.
I haven't pulled the driven clutch apart yet, but when I drove it without the seat the belt appeared to be where it should at wot, and the carb was all the way open.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:23 PM   #19
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
So the coil I have now has the spades, not the plug. And it's to small for the bracket, only one bolts holding it on
It has a new china carb now. But I have a oem mci 350 carb but the jets mangled and the wrong one.
I haven't pulled the driven clutch apart yet, but when I drove it without the seat the belt appeared to be where it should at wot, and the carb was all the way open.
You got a pre mci coil working on a MCI engine ? that may be your problem but if you noticed I edited my last post because I am too tired tonight. If you got the MCI engine then you got to have the MCI coil because they have a hotter spark.
Has someone been chopping on wires in order for this pre mci coil to work. I will try and look at this tomorrow. Working 8 hours today has just about whooped me :)
Old 08-29-2021, 08:29 PM   #20
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
You got a pre mci coil working on a MCI engine ? that may be your problem but if you noticed I edited my last post because I am too tired tonight. If you got the MCI engine then you got to have the MCI coil because they have a hotter spark.
Has someone been chopping on wires in order for this pre mci coil to work. I will try and look at this tomorrow. Working 8 hours today has just about whooped me :)
I read your post pre edit once, I'll try to get some detailed pictures tomorrow. But it's all sorts of mixed together parts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO