lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Northern Willy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 DS IQ charging troubleshooting help

I literally got the little old lady car that sat in the garage. Original batteries. Never run on a golf course. Cherry except the batteries completely gone and some pretty epic galvanic corrosion.

Anyway, I have the OBC jumpered out to take it out of the equation.

Battery pack at 49.4v across the main terminals.

At the charging port I only have 39.2 v. Across positive and negative. The sensor/control line is grounded per the obc bypass.

I have a 10.2 v rise from the battery main lug negative to the main negative on the charging port. Where the heck is this coming from? The black wire from the charging port runs to the controller through the obc I think.

The fuse thing across the charging port is good.

I'm hoping I can figure this out without having to remove the back seat for motor access.

Any help appreciated.
Northern Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2006 DS IQ charging troubleshooting help

So what's the problem there is an SCR in the black wire from the charge receptacle to the batteries that will give you a voltage drop. Jump the black wire from the charge receptacle to batteries for testing. Maybe the obc is just bad.
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
Northern Willy
Not Yet Wild

It's not the SCR that is causing an issue. Something is causing voltage at the charging connection to drop a little over 10V.

I got around it by disconnecting the overall negative off the charge post and putting in a 12 AWG jumper from there to the overall battery negative. That effectively directly connects the charger to the main battery lugs. I still need to use the jumper off the grey wire to control the relay in the battery charger.
Northern Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . what was original problem that caused you to bypass the OBC?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car