lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2022, 01:11 PM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Precedent Snow Plow - it works!

I found a NOS John Deere blade for sale cheap, so I thought I would try to make my Precedent into a snow plow.

I made a bracket that bolts onto the center lift kit mount and installed a winch to raise and lower the blade. The whole thing can be installed or removed in less than 10 minutes.

And since I couldn't find any snow chains available for my size tires, I just made my own

We had a big snow storm last night, so this morning I cranked up the propane heaters and tried it out. It works much better than I thought it would. Cleared my long driveway and then went and did a neighbor's driveway just because it was fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plow.jpg (742.5 KB, 0 views)
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2022, 01:22 PM   #2
Warden902
Getting Wild

Default Re: Precedent Snow Plow - it works!

Nice!!!
Warden902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:06 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Neat cart enclosure too!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:25 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

The whole rig is neat. Nice job!!!
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:05 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

And thus we find another off season use for our golf carts! I almost wish it could snow down here like I had when I lived in Ohio.

On second thought..........
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:01 PM   #6
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Nice set up.

How many battery amps are you drawing when you are pushing snow?

Level or hilly terrain?
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:00 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
And thus we find another off season use for our golf carts! I almost wish it could snow down here like I had when I lived in Ohio.

On second thought..........
Careful what you wish for… I don’t know about kingsland but I was near Jesup about 3 or 4 years ago and we got about 6” of the white stuff.

And then spent the next 3 days cutting donuts over every inch of my 20 acres
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:18 AM   #8
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Nice set up.
How many battery amps are you drawing when you are pushing snow?
Level or hilly terrain?
No idea. It doesn't seem like a ton more as the snow was pretty dry and fluffy and I tried to get out there when it was only about 5 inches deep. I went through 2 full charges doing my driveway twice (200 yds long), my neighbor's short driveway, and I drove another couple miles to let my dog run in the snow (Husky). And it was all fairly flat terrain - just a couple of hills on the dog run.

On a side note: Last year I thought it would be fun to drive it around in the snow. I couldn't make it more than 20 feet as the snow was piling up in front of the tires and the back tires couldn't get enough traction. The snow chains are AMAZING - I can now go anywhere! It doesn't want to do donuts, tho.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:45 PM   #9
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

You might want to consider measuring your amperage draws when plowing to ensure it stays within the ratings of your cart components (batteries, solenoid, controller, FWD REV contactor, motor, etc). I recall a number of cases on BGW where failures were induced when excessive loads were applied to "stock" golf carts ... I seem to recall in those cases that people tried to harrow with their carts and ended up burning something up. Your upgraded cart certainly might be OK ... but it might be worth checking out.

I know that my cart draws more amps chained up through the snow ... pulling up a gravel road hill in summer might take 100 amps ... the same hill in in the winter with chains and snow is 150 to 200 amps. Adding a plow to the front will only increase those amperage draws.

Nice job making your own chains. If you find the ride a bit choppy with the chains, you might want to consider a closer cross chain spacing ... could result in less thump, thump, thump when driving.

Also consider pointing your bungee cord hooks outward (away from the sidewall) ... right now the open hook end is pointing into the sidewall, which risks a possible sidewall puncture if you rub something the wrong way with your tire chains.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5421.jpg (477.2 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:30 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Careful what you wish for… I don’t know about kingsland but I was near Jesup about 3 or 4 years ago and we got about 6” of the white stuff.

And then spent the next 3 days cutting donuts over every inch of my 20 acres
And loving snow is why you moved back north? Donuts in snow sound like fun though.

Dec. 24, 1989 we got the most we ever had. It amounted to less than an inch. Roads melted as soon as it hit so driving wasn't too bad, just a bit slushy. Police advised everyone to stay home and most everyone did. My Suburban loved it though. Had the roads to ourselves.

Mar. 1993 was the worst however. 17 degrees for a high one day, only snow flurries, power went off for 3 days, water froze in both toilets. Horrible 3 days. We stayed in an almost impossible to find fleabag motel to survive.

And nothing since 1993 except some brief flurries. I guess that global warming thing took over and kept it away!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car