lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2022, 09:27 AM   #1
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 ds

I have a 2001 48v club car ds with the upgraded sepex 1268 controller that is flashing a code 12 . I see the technical description of the problem , but what the hell does that mean .
Wiper signal out of range
Throttle input wire open
Throttle input wire shorted to B-B+
Throttle pot defective
Batteries are good and solenoid was changed I had an extra on hand . Cart ran fine then sat for a month now cart won’t move
Mitchshephard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 ds

It means that there is a problem with your throttle signal. For safety, controllers look at the throttle signal and if it's not normal and at low throttle when you turn it on, it won't apply power to the motor. You will have to figure out what happened to your throttle signal. It is a simple potentiometer (volume control) that converts the pedal position into a resistance.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:13 AM   #3
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Where can I look at the throttle signal ? What part is responsible for that .
Old 01-09-2022, 10:16 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Get your cart's schematic and look for the throttle signal. The pot is down by the pedal.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:54 PM   #5
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I’m sorry I don’t mean to offend you I appreciate the responses but I should have made myself more clear . I need the really dumbed down version ! Like what’s a pot ? I wouldn’t be on here if I knew what all of the stuff in the manual meant .
Old 01-09-2022, 03:37 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Pot is a variable resistor (like a volume control) It is what tells your controller where the pedal is to control your speed. If this is over your head, then you need professional help.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:29 AM   #7
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry to offend your unparalleled electric golf cart knowledge with my ignorance about what a “pot” is . I’ve owned and flipped dozens and dozens of golf carts and never heard of an electrical part called a “pot” . I’m just thankful that this site has such highly knowledgeable individuals like yourself that are able to help those of us that are less informed with electronics . I really appreciate it !
Old 01-10-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Volt_Ampere explained clearly several times what a pot is.

It is a potentiometer, variable resistor, like a volume control. This is the throttle signal, either 5000 to 0 ohms or 0 to 5000 ohms, that tells the controller how much voltage to send to the motor for speed change.

Has your question been answered now? This is the device connected to the Go Pedal that send the signal to the controller. This is a very common problem with golf carts, especially those equipped with an MCOR. In flipping carts, I'm sure you ran across bad MCORs. These are pots.

If you come here for answers, you will get answers, some of which you may not like. But we all are sincerely trying to help. We would not waste our time otherwise.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:32 PM   #9
jeremy98
Not Yet Wild

Try going to this link and run through the troubleshooting guide there.
https://bit.ly/3JTPDJr
jeremy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:11 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy98 View Post
Try going to this link and run through the troubleshooting guide there.
https://bit.ly/3JTPDJr
Good link, Jeremy.

It does require basic electrical knowledge and a good digital VOM to be able to perform the checks. Take your time, one step at a time, and you may be successful. And you will learn a lot in the process.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not moving
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car