lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Toro Workman

Boy now that I'm almost done with my Workman to take to our property in Nevada .... I have been getting other stuff fixed. I had a sound inside the left rear wheel and pulled it apart to find the star wheel stop clip laying in the drum and fixed it.

I started looking for a high altitude jet. I called Toro retail sales and they have a jet.... Good for 2400'-6600' $24.00! Dang this must be made of pure Unaobtainium!

Then I asked about a carb rebuild kit and he asked if I was sitting down... $87.00! I played with the mechanical gov. and got it running 2800 rpm but still need a service manual ($50.00!) so I can get it running to 3600 rpm it is 'sposed to be max RPM.

It has a 31hp 953cc Briggs and Stratton Vanguard Diahatsu gas 3/LC engine so maybe I can get the parts from them cheaper??

Still have to build side mirror mounts.
Before:
2005 Toro 3200 workman 2.jpg

After:
WPR Build 34 ready set go.jpg
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Toro Workman

Wow! I called Briggs and Stratton about the same parts for this engine and the prices were even higher! I spent $200.+ and just bought them from Toro... I wonder If I should have looked at a Gator.... or are all these HD utility carts parts over priced??

OH well I got the Toro for cheap so I guess it is still cheap for something that will do this much work and haul and tow as much as this will....

2005 Toro 3200 Workman tag.jpg
Old 05-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
Birddog4x4
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Toro has sure come along way. Looks awesome, like the front rack!
Birddog4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you are shocked at the prices of Toro parts, then the price of John Deere turf parts will surely do you harm.
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #5
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks thats good to know. I don't feel as bad now. All the Gators I looked at were a lot more than the $3200. I paid for this in this kind of condition.

Even all the golf carts with HD springs and beds were more $$ and don't carry as much weight or tow as much. I always wanted a Gator but the 4-6 thousand $$ price just blew me away.

Next is I will need a set of chains for it when winter comes next year. I have been trying to find better tires (that can handle the weight and mud/ snow) as the turf savers on it. I know that these tires will pack up bad. The 24x12x12 (or the 26x12x12 size I want to use) tires with larger lug designs for mud/ snow will only carry at most 700 lbs and run at max 7 psi..... I may have to find/ borrow a tire cutter and buy a set of these and open up the tread a bit.....
Old 05-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #6
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We have a used workman. Used, ugly w/2500 hrs are still $5-6 K.
You cant go up wet grass hills with those tires. ( maybe full of sand? ) Buy chains or a snow tread, if available.
It's a good truck. Big tires and a light bed.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks Tony yes I saw many at that cost so my $3200. was a steal. I need tires that will work in mud and snow so...

I just found some tires that will hold 1000 lbs and 22 psi max so maybe these will do... 8 ply rated.
ITP Blackwater Evo's 25x11x12

Blackwater_Evolution1.png

Carlisle 489's also...

mQEbDRwgrZtjGyHWAwu92cg.jpg
Old 05-13-2015, 10:41 PM   #8
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Anybody used either of these above tires...? Any thoughts?
Old 05-15-2017, 01:33 AM   #9
adamsuydam3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Barney View Post
Boy now that I'm almost done with my Workman to take to our property in Nevada .... I have been getting other stuff fixed. I had a sound inside the left rear wheel and pulled it apart to find the star wheel stop clip laying in the drum and fixed it.

I started looking for a high altitude jet. I called Toro retail sales and they have a jet.... Good for 2400'-6600' $24.00! Dang this must be made of pure Unaobtainium!

Then I asked about a carb rebuild kit and he asked if I was sitting down... $87.00! I played with the mechanical gov. and got it running 2800 rpm but still need a service manual ($50.00!) so I can get it running to 3600 rpm it is 'sposed to be max RPM.

It has a 31hp 953cc Briggs and Stratton Vanguard Diahatsu gas 3/LC engine so maybe I can get the parts from them cheaper??

Still have to build side mirror mounts.
Before:
Attachment 119570

After:
Attachment 119571
like the upgrades

Sent from my SM-G530R7 using Tapatalk
adamsuydam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:37 AM   #10
adamsuydam3
Not Yet Wild

get some bear claws or swap fox

Sent from my SM-G530R7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by adamsuydam3; 05-15-2017 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: http://www.parts-unlimited.com great website for tires.
adamsuydam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts