lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2022, 11:20 PM   #71
MoJeffro
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Project Precedent

What's the latest on your build? How fast are you going? How long can you go on a charge?
MoJeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2022, 09:25 AM   #72
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJeffro View Post
What's the latest on your build? How fast are you going? How long can you go on a charge?

BUILD
The build in its current state is done. Everything has been buttoned up and it’s running trouble free everyday - literally not a single issue or gripe. I’ll continue the build with either a Silver Wolf or Navitas AC conversion - Haven’t decided which yet. But that will require an enormous amount of work and a complete tear down/rebuild with all new custom length heavy gauge wires, new thicker busbars, custom mounting of the controller, and I might have to buy the newer tub conversion kit to get it all to fit. So it won’t be any time soon unless my stock motor or controller lets go. I got two more carts I’m flipping that I need to get sold and out of my way first. I think this setup would work perfectly for 95% of the golf cart community.

TOP SPEED
I just finished rebuilding the motor with new bearing and brushes (they weren’t actually bad, just sticking and the spring wasn’t able to keep them against the armature). After replacement I gained a tiny bit more top speed. 20mph is now my current top speed on flat ground, that’s with a high-speed magnet. The 18” golf tires, motor, controller are all still stock. I really need a windshield now, bugs hitting your face at 20 is no fun.

DISTANCE
Because my rides are split up, I have no accurate way to measure how far I can go - but it is ridiculously far. I’ve yet to run it down to even 75%! The only time I’ve even charged it was when I’ve needed to disconnect the pack for some reason. That resets my shunt meter so I need to fully charge again so it shows accurate battery percentage again. GPS apps are fine for single long drives, but I wish I had a odometer permanently mounted, it would be so much easier to keep track over a period of weeks/months how far I’m actually going between charges. (Does anyone have experience with one they can recommend?) I’m mostly using it to just run down to our gate to grab the mail or packages, which is exactly 1/4-mile away -or I’m taking the kiddos and their friends for rides around our small property. With daily use doing these things I can easily go months between charges. We visit family once in a while up north and there are lots of dirt roads and trails up there that I can ride all day long. I’ll be able to get an accurate distance at that time.

I will say it’s SOOO nice not having to worry about plugging it in every time when I’m done with it for the day. And of course all the obvious stuff; no smelly fumes, no acid leaks on the garage floor, and no maintenance to speak of. Everything under the seat is staying very clean now, I absolutely still love it - I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:58 AM   #73
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I built a speedometer / odometer for my carts using Arduino. I go 20 miles between charges (Leaf modules). It runs off of the motor's speed encoder. I wouldn't be without it now that I have had it for a few years.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 11:27 AM   #74
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I built a speedometer / odometer for my carts using Arduino. I go 20 miles between charges (Leaf modules). It runs off of the motor's speed encoder. I wouldn't be without it now that I have had it for a few years.

I’ve built lots of PCs & dabbled in code writing, I am looking into Arduino now, thank you for the suggestion. Do you have any more information on your Arduino project?

Old 03-07-2022, 11:33 AM   #75
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
I’ve built lots of PCs & dabbled in code writing, I am looking into Arduino now, thank you for the suggestion. Do you have any more information on your Arduino project?

My Arduino project includes a complete BMS as well as the display with Speedometer/Odometer. It would be hard to separate them. If you get into Arduino and want to build a speedometer/odometer, I can help you with some tips. Counting the speed sensor pulses is done in an interrupt routine that does nothing but count the pulses. Odometer data is stored in Flash memory - this is by far the hardest part of the project since it has to preserve everything over a power cycle.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:39 PM   #76
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My Arduino project includes a complete BMS as well as the display with Speedometer/Odometer. It would be hard to separate them. If you get into Arduino and want to build a speedometer/odometer, I can help you with some tips. Counting the speed sensor pulses is done in an interrupt routine that does nothing but count the pulses. Odometer data is stored in Flash memory - this is by far the hardest part of the project since it has to preserve everything over a power cycle.

Wow, wish I had the time

Tags
club car, daly, lifepo4, lithium, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car