lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
jetson68
Not Yet Wild

Default Tried to install battery meter, now no-go

Hi
Let's start off by saying I'm an idiot, and a cheap one at that. I just bought a used 2010 Ez-Go RXV (48 V)

I bought a LED battery gauge off Amazon, and it looked pretty simple to install. I pulled off the console, and cut off the Status of Charge plug that was zip tied to the F/R switch wires (but that disconnect the battery lead step wasn't all that important was it?). I connected the red and black leads to the gauge, put the key in to see if it would work, and....nothing. No indicator on the meter, and now the cart won't move.

I've got a full charge (volt meter says 50V). I don't hear any click from the solenoid, and no change in voltage when I press the accelerator. I cycled the run/tow switch, and did the parking brake release procedure, to no avail. The back up alarm still works, and so do the lights.

So what do I do? Back to the dealer? Is there a simple way to test the controller? Could I have fried that when I cut the wires?

Thanks for the advice in advance.
jetson68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tried to install battery meter, now no-go

Hopefully you had the Tow-Run switch in the Tow position! Hopefully you also did not cut both those wires at once! Since I'm not familiar enough with your cart, someone else will have to tell you where fuses are located and how to diagnose the controller.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Put cart in Tow and check the fuses. Should be in front of the controller cover right next to the body. Will have colored plastic covers.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

hopefully u left enough wire to hook those wires back up to where u cut them from and see if it moves
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Chances are you cut both wires at the same time and you blew a fuse
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
jetson68
Not Yet Wild

Looked at the two fuses on the right side, and the inline fuse on the left. All look fine. And yes, I am pretty sure I cut them at the same time. Are there any other fuses around? I don't see any, but not sure where to look.

Thanks
jetson68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Anthen27
Not Yet Wild

fuses sometimes appear to be fine but are actually blown, re-check all fuses with a simple continuity test using a multi meter, it should be one of the first tools in your toolbox after purchasing a electric cart
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson68 View Post
Looked at the two fuses on the right side, and the inline fuse on the left. All look fine. And yes, I am pretty sure I cut them at the same time. Are there any other fuses around? I don't see any, but not sure where to look.

Thanks
Not sure what harness your cart has but mine had three fuses on the right. May want to see if one is hiding over there.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solinoid, volt meter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO