lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
Gixxer Buggy
Not Yet Wild

Default Project Speed Buggy

Ok folks since I've had some ask me to start a thread on my buggy build (not a golf cart) here we go. The history behind this build is it started off as a Pierspeed 250cc buggy. My orginal powerplant was going to be a Kawasaki GPz 750 untill I got it installed and started it up. I came to find out the rings were broke on the number 2 piston. The cost to repair this was going to be over 400.00 so I ditched that motor and found me a 2003 GSXR 600 with wire harness, ECU, rectifier and other parts.

So where am I at today? I remodified the motor mount for the buggy and I'm currently doing all the final welds on it such as boxing in areas that needed to be notched out.

Here is the link to the begining of my thead on buggynews.com
http://buggynews.com/pierspeed-engin...ct-t30634.html

Now I'll start the pics from where I'm at now. This is the original motor in my build (1984 Kawasaki GPz 750)

This was the engine mount I build for the old motor

Ok at this point I was 85% done until I relized the motor had broken rings.

Ok this is where I'm at with the Gixxer motor as of today. Refabbed the motor mount and boxing all the notches.

Gixxer Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
KoogarKiller
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Project Speed Buggy

Dood you got ballz... Do you know what that motor is capable of?

100+HP and revs to like 16,000 RPMs -- I would add a whole lot of extra tube and gussets to that thing before giving her hell.
KoogarKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Gixxer Buggy
Not Yet Wild

Koogarkiller,

LOL....That buggy is a lot stronger than you think. It's acutally a lot bigger with larger diameter toobing than the regular chineese buggies you see. They actually make this same buggy with an 800cc motor in it. At the same time I know it's going to be powerful I've owned a Gixxer 1100 old school and a 02 Gixxer 750. This is just the begining stages. Once i get the motor installed and going there will be suspension upgrades done.

There is a guy that has a 750 gixxer motor in his and he beats the hell out of it and has even rolled it driving like a mad man in a parking lot. The only damage was the rollcage which he's rebuilding.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Gixxer Buggy
Not Yet Wild

Between the military and school I've been pretty busy but I have made a little progress. I currently have the motor out doing all my final welding before I put it back in for good. So far I have
1. Finished up all the welding on the motor mount and painted it.
2. Welded in New mount to run 2 pillow blocks instead of one.
3. Started on a new frame for a skid plate
4. Removed the plastic fuel cell and deciding where to locate the new aluminum fuel cell.

Stay tuned the Plan is to have the motor in for good by Friday night / Sat Morning. From there I will install the shifter linkage and start installing the wire harness.

QUESTION: What type pillow blocks should I use? I see normal duty, standard duty.

Last edited by Gixxer Buggy; 08-29-2012 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: add information
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
KoogarKiller
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looking good!

So how does the rear drive work? Does it have an solid axle that goes into a reduction box at each wheel?
KoogarKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
Gixxer Buggy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoogarKiller View Post
Looking good!

So how does the rear drive work? Does it have an solid axle that goes into a reduction box at each wheel?

There is a jackshaft that goes into the FNR gear box and that gearbox drives the chain on each wheels
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Gixxer Buggy
Not Yet Wild

For those that are interested here are some updates. Over the weekend I installed the motor, the radiator, and today I cut the exhaust at the section where it goes 4 into 2 and rerouted two pipes to curve out the the left. Then took those two pipes back to 2 into 1. The exahust was reinstalled, i just need to figure out if I'm going to use a stock GSXR slipon or the aftermarket one I currently have. Now for pics.

This is the adapter I will be using to mount the fuel pump inside the fuel cell I bought. Thanks to Frister (Kirk) for providing me with this information.

Bryan
Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
Gixxer Buggy
Not Yet Wild

What's up everyone,

I'm building a Gixxer buggy and I've come to the wiring portion of my build. Can anyone tell me where the following sensors are located.

Atmospheric Pressure (AP) Sensor
Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)

Bryan
Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
Gixxer Buggy
Not Yet Wild

Ok everybody the buggy is 90% done. I have completed a couple of short road tests and will be taking it out to the desert this weekend to really put it to the test.

This was the initial start up. I decided to video tape it no matter what happened.

This was the second startup

]

This is one of the test runs down the street.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

dude that thing is awesome. Iv'e never seen a dual rear drive like that. If you ever break a chain you can do some serious doughnuts.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps