lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #781
Gocarman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

Do you have more information on the parts you used for the conversion? Hooking up to the diff?
Gocarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #782
Ramjett
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon1990 View Post
Hey Birdbuilder,

Thanks so much for the response. These are great tips. I already checked the VIN and nothing came up. I will try reaching out to more local dealers, I'm sure to glean some information from them. Yea, homemade is the last option because I know it requires quite a bit more inspection and certification.

Again thanks!
-Gordon
Have you tried Peacock as they bought all the parts from Bombardier?
Ramjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:52 PM   #783
Gocarman
Not Yet Wild

Was asking for more info on the Gas conversion.
Gocarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:46 PM   #784
TBomber
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Hello DownEast. I have a '98 Bomber and a Rotax engine from a SkiDoo. I'd like to put the gas engine in the cart and was wondering if I can connect with you (or anyone else here) to get some guidance on performing this swap. Thanks, Tony
PS: I'm in AZ and my phone email is TDavino@cox.net.
TBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #785
TBomber
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Hello Bombardier NEV forum members. I have a '98 Bomber and a Rotax engine from a SkiDoo. I'd like to put the gas engine in the cart and was wondering if I can connect with you (or anyone else here) to get some guidance on performing this swap. Thanks, Tony
PS: I'm in AZ and my phone email is TDavino@cox.net.
TBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #786
donjeanmccoy22@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVme View Post
Howdy twooldfarmers!

You can contact in Baldwin MI for parts, and shop manuals.

Invite to Bombardier NV Owners Group on the way
I have a 1989 sport and have a lot of electrical parts due to changing to gas if anybody needs parts please contact me . 757-eight one o-026six. Don
donjeanmccoy22@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #787
donjeanmccoy22@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Try abandoned vehicles registration? That works in virginia
donjeanmccoy22@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #788
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

Hello I just picked up a 97 NEV that was dealer owned and parked since the first battery pack died. After a cleaning it looks brand new with no rust or wear visible. I’ve got all the manuals, sale brochures, like new covers, doors etc. issue I’m having is I got no batteries with the NEV and the book gives the chargers 3 stage charging plan but not what batteries it will work with. The book mentions sealed lead acid but would this charger also work for gel or AGM batteries? Have most of you given up on the factory charger? I’ve seen a few of you have changed to 2 - 36v gem chargers and 1 - 12v gem charger does the auxiliary battery. Im hoping to use 12v agm, type 31 105-115amp hour batteries with the stock charger. If I need to upgrade the charger I may do lithium but as I don’t know everything works that’s a bigger gamble.

If it’s easier you can reach me at six1zero509eight9seven2 thanks in advance guys! Can’t wait to get this NEV on the road, then making it faster 🤣
Rangerbeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #789
glindo
Not Yet Wild

Hi Rangerbeh,
I abandoned my onboard charger a long time ago when I found out that the 12v side of the 72v/12v charger stopped working. So I personally ended up getting two NOCO Genius GEN Mini 3 (3-Bank 12A GENM3) chargers, each bank is rated at 4A but if you want to charge in half the time then the 3-Bank 30A GEN3 would do the job. Then for the single AUX 12v battery, I got the GENM1 (1-Bank 4A). I'm sure you can a 72-volt charger which I had also looked into.
glindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:51 PM   #790
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

Do you have to leave the original charger onboard as I see a few wire bundles going to it from the car.

Also big question what batteries are suppose to fit it the NEV. will the the 97 charger work with AGM? All the manual says is lead acid 12v 95ah. a crown type 27, 115amp, 180 reserve will fit in the “drain” of the tray what I can’t figure out is if it’s suppose to fit like that or if your supposed to use a larger type 31 and span over the tray. I’ve payed around with the idea of going to agm or lithium but haven’t seen the car work so I’m a little hesitant to put that much more out on a lemon. Eventually I’m thinking of putting 2 rear hub motors in it. Kinda want to see this thing do 55. 🤣

On that note I saw a few people reference a handheld unit to adjust the controller is that bombardier specific or something you can still get from Curtis? Would be nice to get close to 35mph out of it now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 54C07112-285E-4DEE-ADF7-A4373913D593.jpg (11.5 KB, 0 views)
Rangerbeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts