lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #1
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Exclamation Dewalt Lithium Cordless Grease Gun

I have a lot of equipment and vehicles that need a lot of grease, and for the last few years I've made do with a couple of hand pump grease guns and an air powered gun that I use when I'm in the shop. The hand pump guns get REALLY OLD when you need to pump an entire tube of grease or possibly more, into say... a bull dozer. Which can't be brought to the shop because it will destroy the asphalt roads and the parking lot.
The pneumatic grease gun is sorta nice... until it runs out of grease. There's no good way to tell when it's out, and when it runs out you might spend 5 minutes squeezing the trigger over and over and over before you notice its not pumping anything anymore! To add to that, when it runs out it always ends up air locked!Then it takes FOREVER to get the air purged from the pump and get it to actually pump grease again. I don't know how many HOURS I've wasted with that thing over the last few years, just trying to get it to purge the air from the pump mechanism.

I finally gave up on them and spent the money on a Dewalt 20V Lithium cordless grease gun. The idea being it will make my life easier by not having to deal with the BS from the pneumatic gun, and I can use it out on the farm for the tractors, backhoe, bull dozer, and all the other equipment and vehicles that have so many grease fittings.

The result of this $200 purchase...

WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.!!!

I should have bought the dammed thing years ago!!! Now I'm banging my head against the wall for not buying it sooner.

I loaded it with the first grease cartridge Yesterday, bled the air from the chamber and had grease flowing out of the nozzle in 3 seconds. Then to the farm to try it out! Blew through three full tubes of grease in about an hour, Running it for all it was worth, and it never even broke a sweat! When it runs out of grease the motor pitch changes, so you know it's out. Then pop a new cartridge in it and it's ready to rock all over again! Takes NO time to bleed the air out. They say the battery that comes with it will run for 16 tubes of grease. I went through three, and the battery meter on the battery didn't change. You would have to be in construction maintenance or mining equipment maintenance to run it out of battery power in a day.

The only downside I can find is that the thing is about as heavy as a lead brick, but it has a really long hose so you can set it down anywhere nearby and just keep your finger on the trigger, and it keeps pumping grease!

I also has a variable speed motor, so if you just need a little grease, like 2-3 pumps, its easy to do. Then when you need a LOT of grease, pull the trigger wide open and let it run!

If any of you guys that use a lot of grease (or even if you don't) and have been on the fence about buying one of these, BUY IT!!! You WILL NOT regret it! Especially if you have other Dewalt tools with the 20V Lithium packs, it's like $120 for just the tool (no battery or charger) even better!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dewalt Lithium Cordless Grease Gun

I think I should get one. I have an old fashioned pump gun but the neighbor has a cordless DeWalt one like you got. He uses it constantly and when I have a lot to grease, I go over there.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Mine is similar, but I use Milwaukee. It is the 18v Fuel and is about 2+ years old and never ever failed me and has had several hundred tubes of Mobile 1 Synthetic ran thru it...

As you said, they are great!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:08 AM   #4
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Fairtax4me - haven’t seen you so exited ‘bout something that wasn’t fishing!
Yes, the cordless grease gun is the bomb. You sure have enough zerks to warrant one .
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Fairtax4me - haven’t seen you so exited ‘bout something that wasn’t fishing!
Yes, the cordless grease gun is the bomb. You sure have enough zerks to warrant one .

Honestly this grease gun blew me away! (punny, get it?)

I had good expectations, but it's one of the few tools I've bought in the last few years that is a real "game changer" in the sense that it's going to make at least that aspect of my job alot easier, and way less headache not having to deal with the problems of the other grease guns I have.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Cool! Never used one.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #7
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

got one to put in shipping office. for one operator to do his machine. now have 4 guys using it. if i had tought it would get the operators to do there job i would have bought it years ago. looking into getting one or two more, in hopes to get more operators to grease thr loaders daily(instead of when it starts to squeak)
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:28 PM   #8
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I love mine, stuff gets greased more frequently.
Get the lock n lube tip for it and it's really great.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Glad you bumped this thread back up! I do have the lock-n-lube tip! It’s awesome u til you need to get into a tight corner somewhere. So I also have a 90° adapter with a zerk fitting in the end.
I bought it in March, haven’t counted how many grease tubes I’ve been through. I re-charged the battery for only the second time the other day.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #10
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Neighbor who is a professional welder has the same one you mentioned. He’s let me use it a few times. He really likes it. I should probably get one…
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop