lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
GenevaNick
Not Yet Wild

Default 68 Harley Muffler

Hi Guys

Just finished with the majority of my restoration and I was wondering if anyone has used a muffler besides the repop ones. I'm not opposed to the repop, just curious if there is another option (hopefully cheaper). Thanks.
GenevaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 68 Harley Muffler

Just about all 2 cycle cart mufflers are interchangeable in that they are all fairly low compression engines. A Yamaha G1 / EZGo 2 cycle muffler will work on an HD with modification to make it fit. That said, I don't believe any of those are any less expensive.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

In fact the others are much more expensive where the pre 1982 HD muffler is readily available and fairly cheap. In fact that is the muffler on my 440 snowmobile engine that some naysayers here predicted all sorts of disasters.Still working fine since 2016.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #4
GenevaNick
Not Yet Wild

Great, thanks for the info
GenevaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson