lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
workhorse
Not Yet Wild

Default Workhorse intermittent starting

I have a 2000 Workhorse St-350 and sometimes it will run great for a day or maybe two and then it won't start for maybe a month or two then all the sudden it will run great again. The carburator is spotless, compression is good, recent valve job, good blue spark.Dealers have been less than helpful.Anybody else ever have this issue? Thanks
workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Workhorse intermittent starting

Hello workhorse and Welcome to the forum.

Someone should be here anytime that can help.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Intermittent problems are the hardest to fix. Especially when you take it to a shop and then it doesn't do whatever the problem is...... Next time it is not starting check for fuel at the fuel filter or carb, and spark at the plug
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Let me see if I understand this correctly....... you try starting your cart for a month or two and then one day, out of the blue, it'll run for no apparent reason for a few days then repete the cycle.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
workhorse
Not Yet Wild

Yes Jon that's what the thing does, really annoying! The first dealer I talked to said that they don't have electrical problems with these machines. The second said that even though the resistance on the pulser coil was way low(only 19 ohms) that the igniter was the problem. I don't want to spend $420 on the igniter to find out it isn't the problem. I have been a mechanic for 23 years and usually when I find an electrical component with the resistance that far off from specs, it's the problem. I just don't to start swapping a bunch of parts hoping to eventually stumble on the right one. Thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

So it's not firing the plug when it does this?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
workhorse
Not Yet Wild

When it bothers, everything seems to be perfect, carb is clean, compression is good, nice blue spark on the new plugs, timing has looked good eveytime I have checked it. Doesn't make any difference if I squirt gas in the carb. So it is either not firing at the correct time or not always firing under compression. Thanks, I am really frustrated. I think I'll go start from the beginning again.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Could be the pulsar coil, that thing is basically a magnet and it might be getting some rust, or something stuck to it now and then. They don't usually go bad.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
workhorse
Not Yet Wild

I just rechecked everything:spark, timing, compression, valve clearance, valve timing,took carb apart again, everything looks perfect - but obviously something is wrong and I'm overlooking it!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

Have you tried different plugs? also a problem that's happend to a few members is the fuel system becoming vapor locked due to gas cap vents plugging up.
Just a thought or 2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO