lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2024, 11:00 AM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default 2003 DS - Acceleration Question

Good morning BGW!!!
I have a 2003 Club Car DS that runs great. It has great compression, around 150. However, everytime I come to a stop and then press the gas pedal down it just sits there and turns over and then will eventually take off. It doesn't matter if I just jumped on it or have driven it for hours it doesn't seem to like to take off right away from the start. Any thoughts on what I can adjust?
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2024, 02:33 PM   #2
Ricks_club
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2003 DS - Acceleration Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yler4cy View Post
Good morning BGW!!!
I have a 2003 Club Car DS that runs great. It has great compression, around 150. However, everytime I come to a stop and then press the gas pedal down it just sits there and turns over and then will eventually take off. It doesn't matter if I just jumped on it or have driven it for hours it doesn't seem to like to take off right away from the start. Any thoughts on what I can adjust?
Does it do the same thing when it is cold ?

Or if you wait, say 20 minutes, after stopping, does it still have that issue ?

Richard
Ricks_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:42 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 DS - Acceleration Question

It sounds like it takes a second to actually start instead of just lighting off immediately and going.

Adjust the valves to .005 intake and exhaust
Make sure you’re using a NGK Plug and it’s in good condition
Check your throttle linkage. Pull the seat and the cover off the black box. Turn the key OFF. Slowly depress the gas pedal by hand. You should see the microswitches click BEFORE the carb throttle starts to move. I like to set it so there’s about an inch of pedal before the microswitches click and then another half inch or so past that before the carb throttle cable starts to move.

If the carb cable moves before the microswitches then there’s a better than not chance you’re trying to start the engine with the throttle open which doesn’t make it start the easiest.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car