lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
napalaz
Gone Wild

Default lifting a 3 wheeler

has anyone lifted a 3 wheeler and if you have how did you do the front and if u got pics even better

thanks
Laz
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

if it would work maybe a 3 wheeler atv maybe the front fork would work
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

THe only pic of a lifted 3 wheeler I have. looks like they used 2x4's and plywood
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

go threw some high water with that, if it doesnt fall apart
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I'm not posting to discorage you in your endevor but I would like to put in my $0.02.

My first cart was an old melex 3 wheeler my wife bought at a garage sale for $100. I spent a ton of money getting it in running condition. New batts, cables, solenoid, resistor coils, wiper board. I then got the wild *** idea to turn it into a 4 wheel cart....I then spent 3 weekends and more money on 22" tires and a set of 10" wheels and then had EMP build me a motor. I built an a-arm front end with coil overs...etc etc. The steering joints were $50 a peice.(2) and I also used some pretty nice rod ends...... I have about $2000 in a $500 cart. Was it fun...YES...was it a learning experiance, YES.....was it worth it NO!! My next plan for it is too take the rear end, motor, tires and wheels off and scrap the rest. To make a long story short, you can do anything you want as long as your determined and put your mind to it. Just make sure your going to be happy with the outcome.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:45 AM   #6
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
I'm not posting to discorage you in your endevor but I would like to put in my $0.02.

My first cart was an old melex 3 wheeler my wife bought at a garage sale for $100. I spent a ton of money getting it in running condition. New batts, cables, solenoid, resistor coils, wiper board. I then got the wild *** idea to turn it into a 4 wheel cart....I then spent 3 weekends and more money on 22" tires and a set of 10" wheels and then had EMP build me a motor. I built an a-arm front end with coil overs...etc etc. The steering joints were $50 a peice.(2) and I also used some pretty nice rod ends...... I have about $2000 in a $500 cart. Was it fun...YES...was it a learning experiance, YES.....was it worth it NO!! My next plan for it is too take the rear end, motor, tires and wheels off and scrap the rest. To make a long story short, you can do anything you want as long as your determined and put your mind to it. Just make sure your going to be happy with the outcome.
Thanks for the info there Dr. Phil
But he is true in what he is saying. I would suggest going ahead and getting a 4 wheeled cart if you are wanting to do all of the modifications to it. Then maybe restore the 3 wheeler back original....
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #7
COPB
Not Yet Wild

Some things, like 3 wheel carts, remind me of free land.
I have seen some beautiful homes on some very poor locations. Low land,etc. And what is the reason for building a nice house in a swamp? The land was free. Just my 2 cents.
COPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
Dero
Gone Wild

But what if the person has to spend an extra 75k on a foundation that will hold the house up in a swamp? Just to see it settle a few feet later on.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
napalaz
Gone Wild

Yeah I dont want to blow a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ on the cart even though it is in great shape I got it from the guy who owns bores head distribution in fla and they used it in the warehouse. But since I put 12 inch rims in rear I would like to give the front a lift without major modefication.
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

Shouldn't be to hard, maybe add some cycle shocks to the front or extend the ones that are there. You could just put bars in instead of shocks. I'll look at mine today and see if I can think of something that might help.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO