lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2019, 06:04 AM   #1
zielritter
Not Yet Wild

Default Ongoing Maintenance Questions

Hi, All -
Using this forum's infinite wisdom I've got my '76 3-wheeler running like a champ again. Replaced a crankshaft seal on the power side, new reed valve that was missing a petal, new Chinese made budget carb, and several new wires that were burnt to a crisp. Thank you for that.

Now, I'm trying to keep it running and reliable for pool trips this summer and beyond.

Couple of immediate concerns:

1) The differential (or whatever its called on a golf cart) that sends the power to the rear wheels may or may not be leaking (have leaked?) as there seems to be some oil on it (not under though). I notice it has a plug on it. What is the recommended servicing of this guy? Do I just need to drain it and refill with a quality gear oil as long as it's not leaking profusely at the seals?

2) My governor plate spring is worn and flaccid so was not staying on. So, I removed the governor plate entirely. I don't run it full out as I realize without the governor I risk overheating the motor. Any other concerns here?

3) I'm getting a lot of vibration in the body (shell) at higher speeds. From my car knowledge this feels like the motor mounts aren't absorbing the motor movements adequately. Is that a correct hunch? Maybe I didn't tighten them down enough when I put it back in after working on it. Any other suggestions or quick fixes here?

Sorry for the deluge of text and thanks again for your help. This cart was my grandfather's, who passed away back in February. Pretty cool legacy gift to share with my son during playground and pool trips. :)
zielritter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson