lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Honda 24hp carb and linkage controls

Fuel pump
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

man not sure. Will look into it more tomorrow night. Might change the title of the thread and see what input I can get.
consalvo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
fstg21
Gone Wild
Yamaha

IF it has been sitting, the carb probably needs to be cleaned.

You can also adjust the idle screw up a bit.

THe seesaw up and down is from the stretched governot spring.
fstg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #14
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

Ok will order some springs and will see what happens. Already cleaned out the carb. Why will the cart barely drive? Is that from the governor spring being messed up as well?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
fstg21
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by consalvo21 View Post
Ok will order some springs and will see what happens. Already cleaned out the carb. Why will the cart barely drive? Is that from the governor spring being messed up as well?
What do you mean barely drive? No throttle up?

How did you clean the carb? did you fully disassemble it and clean all the ports?

Including under the capped idle screws?

If it dies at idle you need to turn the idle up.

BTW, Hondas will almost always require a little choke to start even when warmed up.
fstg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm betting He's not throttling up. Look at his photo, the cable is hooked to the factory cable hole. The ezgo does not have enough cable pull to operate the throttle from that position. He needs to drill a new hole closer to the pivot point to get enough throw to get get full throttle.I will have to check mine tomorrow, but I think it is a 1/2" from the pivot.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #17
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Unless I am missing something I am pretty sure his is backwards , he is pulling the wrong way. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358462420.096127.jpg

Signatures ?????? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is what it should look like, those are yamaha throttle and choke cables on there. This engine is also in a 95 Medalist
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01276.jpg (232.7 KB, 0 views)
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #19
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

First off thanks for all your input. So as I was messing with it today I noticed the fuel filter was completely clogged all of a sudden while I was driving it. The cart drove like crap until I noticed if I had the choke out it a little it would steady out. So I went back to begin looking at my fuel system when I noticed the filter. The tank seems to be completely breaking down. Looks like it must have sat outside for some time and the plastic is melting away with the gas. I pumped some fuel out in a bottle and it was milky as hell. So looking to get a new tank. So problem one is that the **** cart was starving for fuel. Makes sense right. Now for the gov spring its now on order. Checked coils and I have spark so far on both coils. I was told one coil goes bad when it gets hot so debating on after I get it going good to check it then or spend the 70 bucks and just buy two new ones. Was looking into doing compression this weekend. Do I let it run on one cylinder while checking the other? What compression numbers should I be seeing? Thanks for all your guys help.

As to answer some questions. I completely pulled the carb apart and cleaned every jet. I do have a question though. The only thing I didnt know about was these screws on the top. Some looked to be adjustable but mine sit in this gorove. Are these the throttle stops? Do I mess with these? here is a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0098.jpg (278.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #20
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

Not sure what you guys are asking about throttling up. The throttle moves the pivot all the way. The carb opens all the way with the pedal down. The governors are really funny on these things. The throttle doesnt have much movement on mine at all. More picture would be great. Mot sure what were looking at.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!