lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default shorter belt

I have a 79 ez go marathon and was wondering if there is a shorter belt I could buy for more power? I'm assuming if your clutch is wore out this will usually tear the belt up and/or your clutch?
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: shorter belt

The shorter belt will not give you more power, it just lowers the final drive ratio and gives you better acceleration and hill climbing ability. Your belt should be 46 inches long and 1 3/16ths wide. If it is at all worn it will be too narrow. I suggest that you measure the width and if it is down to 1 1/16 inch, replace it with a new standard belt. If you really want to try the shorter belt then the Dayco HP3004 comes in at 45 1/8th.

However as you already know, if your driven clutch is not up to it you will tip it over the edge and achieve nothing other than misery, squalor and degradation.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: shorter belt

Thanks dave for the clarifaction on how that works as this is my first cart. And the part number. My clutch is still wore out even after a new bronze bushing and ramp shoes so I wont attemp the shorter belt without a new or a better one than I have.
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO