lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
Lo' Cash Lester
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Clutch Machining, what needs done?

Looking to machine the clutches on my club car. Wondering if anyone can tell me what needs doing? Have my own lathe and what not. Pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Lester.
Lo' Cash Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
GMCWAYNE
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Clutch Machining, what needs done?

Contact Wass1967 on one of the other forums. He seems to be the most knowledgable on this. Don't know why he's not on this forum. Otherwise you could call Tom at cartpartsplus, he may be willing to share some info.
GMCWAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Your better off calling Tom at CPP. Tom has to be the original clutch guy. The "other guy" has been banned from here.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Someone with lots of experience with these clutches should do the machining, someone like Tom at CPP (in my opinion). The last thing any of us want is a clutch spinning at 5000 rpm to fly apart. That could really cause serious damage / injuries. I wouldn’t want some guy in his backyard removing material from my clutches. Maybe Tom will give you the info you need to do your own machining.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Someone with lots of experience with these clutches should do the machining, someone like Tom at CPP (in my opinion). The last thing any of us want is a clutch spinning at 5000 rpm to fly apart. That could really cause serious damage / injuries. I wouldn’t want some guy in his backyard removing material from my clutches. Maybe Tom will give you the info you need to do your own machining.
I agree 100% for safety purposes. Machining a used clutch could weaken it and cause it to fly apart. Very dangerous!!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
Lo' Cash Lester
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The clutches are new. Got the drive clutch already and looking to get the driven clutch soon. I've been building VW transaxles, engines, full race cars that run over 100mph in the 1/8th mile in my "back yard" for going on 20 years now. I'm pretty sure I can handle what needs done. Was just looking for some guidance. If I have to figure it out myself, no biggie, been down that road a hundred time before. Lester
Lo' Cash Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Sounds like all you need to do is talk to Tom and get the spec's for shaving your clutches.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car