lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
datcat
Not Yet Wild

Default FE350... Stalling Issue

Went to look at an XRT1200 Util cart yesterday and thought I was going to just look as it was at a business that wasn't supposed to be open on Sunday so I didn't carry any tools or test equipment. The owner was there so I got a chance to run it (add stated "runs great") well.....It was a little cold to idle, cranked with choke within a few revs but took awhile before it would idle solo. The terrain was combo of field, uneven shell and about 60' of pavement. I got it warmed up and made a few loops around and then tried to stay on it as much as possible to heat it up. After a few runs with it floored I noticed that it seemed to try to die during governor recovery from the rutted up shell to the asphalt. At first I didn't consider the terrain as a factor and thought it was heat/electrical but after it repeated itself in the same location a few times I got to thinking carb. It didn't seem to ever do it when I wasn't pedal to the metal. When it decided to fall out I couldn't get off of it and make it recover. It would die, be a little hestant to start, sputter a bit and then act as if ther wasn't anything goin on. I let it rest awhile while I was negotiating and taking some photos and was about to think on it awhile...then I remembered I wanted to check the speed with my GPS so I asked to drive it again. 14mph (by the way) This time it started fine and ran as good as the first time until the repeat on the terrain transition. I also got it full out on the pavement and tested the brakes to a skid...it died on that test too. On my last loop over another rutted up area it did it again and I couldn't ever get it started again. I tried to fiddle with over-riding the governor (I think it might have been stuck partially forward when I first started messing with it after the final stall but I wasn't really paying close attention as I was reaching between the dash (key) and trying to see if I could reach the governor arm with a stick (body on this thing is a good fit longer than a typical cart). I'm thinking governor/carb affiliated, arb float, or after reading some more posts, maybe rev limiter???. No smoke and engine seemed strong. Didn't seem to loose power with heat or to be hard to start with heat as I've experienced with dirt bikes and bad and/or borderline compression. Any thoughts? I told the guy I was def interested in it if he could get it started again but he said he's not going to mess with it cause he thinks it's just carb related and has too much else to do than fool with it. I'm also trying to figure out the year based on the SR #'s. The hour meter had 1100 hrs but who knows. About to call a local distributer to see if they can help.
Thanks, Mikedatcat

Private message

Last edited by datcat; 09-28-2009 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Title and additional info
datcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car