lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #1
Bdun111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Trying again

Hello again. We never got around to wiring everything back up and we have removed a couple of accessories, so once again I need some help with how to wire the accessories in our cart.
We have 6, 8v batteries, a 220watt converter/reducer, radio, and led light bar which are switched, 2 12v accessory plugs, and a winch. We got the cart last year and I could never find a fuse block, only some type of wire gauge reducer in the compartment behind radio, but I want to add one.
We also have a solar unit on top of cart, since it is at the beach.
So, if anyone has suggestions or diagrams we would appreciate it. Also, which would be the preferred fuse block I need to get?
Bdun111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Trying again

Bdun, I have a SeaSystems 6 position fuse block. I use ScottyB's 48-12 reducer hooked to the pack and controlled by the key switch. Cart is off, everything is off. The fuse block is hooked to the reducer and runs all of my 12 volt accessories without a problem. Hope this helps.
ecaldwell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
Bdun111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to have a diagram of your hookup? Or I will explain how I think it should be wired and just correct any errors, please.

Basically we should run positive and negative from the appropriate batter to the voltage reducer, then reducer to fuse block. Then the accessories would each individual be wired to appropriate fuse connection on block?
We have a three terminal switch, in addition to the key switch which operates the lights. It is my understanding that an accessory wired like you mention is still pulling volts from battery when the key is on and it is off? I could add another switch like one for lights, and use for stereo? Or is that even necessary?
Old 04-19-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

The accessory, if it is off, is not drawing anything. The reducer, depending on how it is wired could be drawing continuously.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Trying again

Just remember...a fuse block in most cases is positive connections only...there are some that have a separate negative grounding spot on the lower part of the fuse box and that is handy. The fuse box I was thinking of is a Cole Hersee 46379-6 fuse block with 6 fused connections and 6 non-fused ground connections...$28.50 on the web....perfect for what you are doing.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

With golf cars, I would suggest getting a fuse box with a grounding bus bar.
Keeps positive and negative right handy in the same place.
I have seen fuse boxes near the batteries and a ground bar up near the cowl, I don't like that, if there is a wiring problem, I think it best to look in one area to start.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
Bdun111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ty. Not to sound like I don't know what I am doing but...
We got the cart last year and everything was working fine, except for stereo reception. We had bought a marine radio since the cart is at the beach but when we started to diagram everything before we uninstalled the previous radio we noticed that the wiring was a cluster, you know what. There were different gauge wires, spliced together going through some audio gauge reducer, negative accessory wires under front off cart hanging down and spliced with wires that didn't go anywhere etc. The only fuses for any accessory I thinknow were inline ones for radio. There was no fuse block. So basically we decided to start over and got on this forum.
I am about to purchase a fuse block so wouldnt it be easier and best to get one with negative ground, otherwise where would negative wires be grounded?
Side question. We have a front winch and know it is wired directly to separate battery but is there anyway I shouldn't wire it? Thanks.
Oh, sorry. The previous response mentioned Scottb's fuse block, how to find this link?
Old 04-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
Bdun111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ty kashmir, that is my thinking too. Before there were wires of different colors spliced together and different gauges, not the battery ones, like #2 and #12 together.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #9
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Some just get a bus bar and run it to neg pack and mount it on plastic away form the fuse block. I really suggest getting a fuse block with a neg bus bar.

Here is link to scotty's reducer and fuse bloc. (fuse block comes with separate neg bus bar)
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducer-.html

Me, I went with the Blue Seas fuse block with bus bar off of Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...ords=blue+seas
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #10
Bdun111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lol, had just found scottys, through sponsor link and had already put that similar fuse block on amazon in my cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car