lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
ncorry
Getting Wild

Default Converting to Lithium

What is the process and what all is needed to convert a 48 volt cart currently running 8 6volt batteries to lithium? Recommendations on battery types, chargers, whatever the hell a BMS is, and any other tips and tricks, as well as traps to avoid.

I found some Li ion 48volt 45Ah 2KW batteries that came out of a Chevy Volt on eBay for what appears to be a reasonable price, $600. How many of these would be needed? I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, but i have very little clue on this.

If it matters, it will most likely be done t oa Bad Boy Buggy Classic.
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO