lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default shorter windshield?

I've been thinking about taking some height out of the roof supports on my ds but also want to get a windshield eventually. How could I fit a windshield if I take about 6" from the roof supports? Trying to get some ideas before I hack it up and takes more money to fit a windshield. Thanks a bunch.
iKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: shorter windshield?

Bumpity bump...how about a piece of plexi from lowes and drill and mount it with a gap at the top and bottom. I'm just trying to keep dust and dirt out of my face when quads and faster carts blow by me. Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKAB View Post
I'm just trying to keep dust and dirt out of my face when quads and faster carts blow by me. Thanks

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKAB View Post
I've been thinking about taking some height out of the roof supports on my ds but also want to get a windshield eventually. How could I fit a windshield if I take about 6" from the roof supports? Trying to get some ideas before I hack it up and takes more money to fit a windshield. Thanks a bunch.

Couldn't you just trim down the existing windshield to fit? I don't have a windshield to look at and see if that's feasible or not but it seems like you could just modify your existing windshield.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
Couldn't you just trim down the existing windshield to fit? I don't have a windshield to look at and see if that's feasible or not but it seems like you could just modify your existing windshield.
There's no windshield on it as of yet Joe!
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...8-so-here.html

A piece of Lowes plexi may work just fine, BUT... if you (iKAB) want to go with a folding windshield, that'll be a bit more difficult!
AND... IF you decide to go with a standard piece of Lowes Plexi, drill the holes in it just a bit larger then your screws/rivets,
and use faucet washers between the screws/rivets and the Plexi... it'll help keep the Plexi from cracking!

The whole problem lies on whether your hauling it on a trailer @ 65mph or not... you'll either have to remove it, or you'll have to replace it!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #6
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
There's no windshield on it as of yet Joe!
You got me, didn't read the original post close enough I guess. I'll go hide in the penalty box for a timeout....

If it was me I would go buy a stock windshield and then trim it to fit personally. Again, I don't have one in front of me (my cart doesn't have one either ) to verify that it could be done but that would be my first choice over trying to build one.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Very good point about hauling the cart on a trailer, I honestly didn't think about that. Hmmmmmmm, might just keep the stock roof height and buy a standard windshield.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would just section the windsheild at the hinge. I see those plastic hinges fail and the ws in the trash at the camp ground a lot. take out what is needed and then bolt in a metal hinge. not as cool looking, but works. if you take equal amounts off each side, i would assume the folding brackets would even still be functional?
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I built one from Lexan that I picked up at Home Depot it was just about twice the thickness as the plexi but it allows me the strength to haul the cart down the road and it comes in 24" x 48" sheets for around $45.00 here locally I have to haul about 200 miles each way and its been on now for around 2 years.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also I used a 4" grinder with a cut off wheel and it worked great to trim to fit.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car