lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2014, 06:04 AM   #1
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring For CC Precedent

Hi all,
I have a stock 2007 CC Precedent and I am in the process of researching the tire/rim, lift kit upgrade.

I am going with a 4" Jake's A arm lift with 22x11-12 Sahara Classic All Terrain Tires and 12x7 Vampire Machined / Black Wheels.

I will be adding a rear seat to this cart but I do have a question for those of you that have done this MOD.
From reading the forum, I know that I will need the heavy duty rear springs. I read that some have removed a leaf to smooth out the ride.
Here is the question. I saw a Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring on one of the sites sponsor pages. Has anyone used this type of spring? It would seem to be the best of both worlds?????
All feedback is greatly appreciated.
crunchman
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring For CC Precedent

That is what I used on my 2008, I like it, less stiff as my brother-in-laws ride with just the stiff springs.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring For CC Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
That is what I used on my 2008, I like it, less stiff as my brother-in-laws ride with just the stiff springs.
Scooterman,
Thank you for the reply.
No problem with rubbing when adults are on a rear seat?
Thanks,
crunchman
Old 07-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wish I went with those springs I have the standard heavy duty springs and they do ride rough.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
I wish I went with those springs I have the standard heavy duty springs and they do ride rough.
mymonstertruck,
Thank you for the reply.
I will not be riding four people all the time so I think these springs will be the best choice.
l am not sure if these are a newer design due to the fact that everyone goes with the HD or because most vendors recommend the heavy duty springs?
Thanks again,
crunchman
Old 07-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
Scooterman,
Thank you for the reply.
No problem with rubbing when adults are on a rear seat?
Thanks,
crunchman
None, the main spring that is used for a load is thicker then the regular HD springs, so when you do load it down it can handle a very large load. When there is just two people that spring isn't being used at all.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
hurstml
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

good info on springs!
hurstml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
None, the main spring that is used for a load is thicker then the regular HD springs, so when you do load it down it can handle a very large load. When there is just two people that spring isn't being used at all.
Great to hear. I ordered the springs and bushings from the site sponser. I also got the Jakes 4" double Aarm, rims and tires from ebay. I got everything for around $950. Next will be the rear seat.
Let the fun begin.
Thanks for the info guys,
crunchman
Old 07-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #9
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I love upgrading my car lol that is my fun!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
lunaticrider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Looking forward to hearing an update on these springs as I've been shopping for some at the moment...
lunaticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car