lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
kelsta56
Not Yet Wild

Default Bypassing the computer to charge batteries on a club car

I read somewhere on buggies to bypass the yellow fuse holder and send that wire to negative side of battery #6 if it worked your computer is bad, I tried this and the golf cart is now charging. My new question is can I just wire that fuse to the #6 negative side and eliminate the computer, I know I will have to watch the charger as it may not shut off automaticaly. Any help would be appreciated.
kelsta56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bypassing the computer to charge batteries on a club car

You can do that but I would not ... You can easily compromise the useful life of your batteries. By over or under charge your batteries. Then how much have you saved? That jump is meant as a test only and should not be used as a fix ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
kelsta56
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply
Old 01-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Post the serial # of your cart. I have 1 or 2 used? You must get the exact same year. They changed from year to year and I don't know if any of them are interchageable? Or maybe somebody else will be able to help you out?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
kelsta56
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of your help Scottyb, Ibelieve the golf cart is a 1996 or 97 I do have a used OBC I will check to see if it will fit.
This golf cart has a utility box on it and I think I have to remove it and the rear body to replace it, so I was looking for a easy wat out.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsta56 View Post
I read somewhere on buggies to bypass the yellow fuse holder and send that wire to negative side of battery #6 if it worked your computer is bad, I tried this and the golf cart is now charging. My new question is can I just wire that fuse to the #6 negative side and eliminate the computer, I know I will have to watch the charger as it may not shut off automaticaly. Any help would be appreciated.
This may or may not be true, it could be that the Batteries were below MIN charge point
which prevents the Charger from coming on.
It could also be in the charger itself , swap chargers with a friend to determine.
Then if all works accordingly, make the decision on whether the OBC was/is in fact bad.

PS this is Gasser section , Admin please move this to sparky section
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
tmeadows88
Not Yet Wild

I have a 04 ds IQ that I all of a sudden stop taking charge unhooked all the batterys and charged thought may be to low of charge still not charging any ideas please help
tmeadows88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car