lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #21
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Onward Stealth Stereo install

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RecwPbOL0ng
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #22
ldo2626
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
@Furyous and @E36Racer - a number of years later and this is still a really cool build. I'm looking to install a stereo, lights, etc and would like it to be low profile. Is there anything you guys would do different if you were doing it now? Would you still go with the aux battery vs. a converter?
ldo2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:29 PM   #23
ldo2626
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RecwPbOL0ng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was the Ah of the battery you used (autocraft lfp7) and how long would it last on a charge for you? There isn't much info out there on that battery anymore.
ldo2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #24
nick731
Getting Wild

Nice work! Could you please provide a little more detail on the powering of your blue sea systems 6 gang fuse block? We just received our onward and I am looking to get accessories (radio, led bar, etc) hooked up but not sure exactly where the switched power lead and ground lead should be connected at.

Thanks so much!

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Here is a build thread for my stealth stereo install. I'll start with my overall cart theme is stealth. I want to have a super badass cart that appears showroom stock to passers by. The stereo would not have been possible without the help of BGW member Furyous and his amazing ability to think outside of the box.

Parts list:

Kenwood M1824BT amp (amazon)
Tang Band 3" module subwoofers (parts express)
Polk dB1001 marine tweeters (amazon)
Bose cube house speakers (eBay $25 score)

After the initial plan I decided to add a stand alone 12v lithium battery (autocraft lfp7), blue sea systems 6 gang fuse block (amazon) and led color changing underbody lights (eBay). That way I wouldn't have to touch any of the factory harness, it wouldn't draw from the main pack and in the event something happened with the accessories it wouldn't leave the cart dead needing to be pushed home.

Step 1, park the cart in the back yard under ceiling fan and quick access to the pool if I get too hot. It also helps that I can double dip working on the cart time with spending time with the wife and dogs.

Step 2

Figure out where to put the battery. Fortunately it fits with in between the floor and front bulkhead above the frame rails. Very snug fit and since it only weighs like 3lbs I secured it with zip ties. I also taped up the terminals after attaching the wires just in case it moves it won't short out. That's a trick I learned from race cars, always tape up exposed + terminals regardless of how they are mounted.

While I was under there I mounted the led lights

Note that these pics were taken at the end so the wire loom running down the frame in the last is actually the speaker wires

Next I moved to mounting the electrics on the seat bottom (amp, fuse block and relay). I decided to have the 12v panel to be hot with the key on so I wired the relay to the stock reducer, and I wired the NC side of the relay to the charger lead

And since I like to remove the seat when watering batteries I used waterproof plugs on all of the connections

Next step-pull roof and front body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nick731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car