lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
Roverroberts
Not Yet Wild

Default stereo install

I installed a stereo on my 2014 TXT Valor and love it. It fit great where the golf ball holder was! My question is: I had to wire the remote turn on switch to the key and it only comes on when the lights come on (3rd position on the switch). I want to add a toggle for the lights so I can run the stereo during the day and not run my battery down with the lights. Is there one wire I could splice a toggle into that will turn the lights on and off? Thoughts?
Roverroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: stereo install

Find the hot supply wire after the key switch to the lights and tap into that one
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
michaelmc29
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep I agree with Spicyunicorn. Also, is there any reason you don't want to install the toggle for the radio and just leave the ignition wiring alone? I'd rather have my key do my lights and have a separate switch for the radio. That's just me though!
michaelmc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
Roverroberts
Not Yet Wild

If I toggle the lights I will always be assured that everything is off when I remove the key? If I toggle the stereo I could leave it on by accident and kill the battery.
Roverroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yup that will be the case if you put the toggle in after the key
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #6
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

you should toggle the radio but if you look at the battery compartment their should be a fuse link either on the battery or on the fender well right behind it depending on who did your lighting kit lights on a golf cart are not factory so you have a separate wiring harness so if you wanted to toggle the lights you could do it from there personally I would toggle the radio
country1982country is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO