lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #31
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 01 48 V CC DS - Hunting Buggy Build ?'s

Photos of box installed with on board charger and the old box full of body parts for sanding and painting.

Next step - making all the roof supports. I want to haul my canoe to various ponds. I live in a community with 4 ponds ranging in size from 12 acres to 2. My plan is to be able to throw the canoe on top and ride to each pond. I have two pool noodles with bungee cords running through them attached to stainless Eye bolts. No further than I am going this should work fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2125.jpg (94.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2051.jpg (137.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1841.jpg (161.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2053.jpg (95.8 KB, 0 views)
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #32
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nice work, it's coming out great.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #33
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

Photos of redoing the seats. I basically remade all the seats. New wood, new stainless hardware and new covers. I reused the foam and handles. Everything else was replaced. I had a scrap piece of treated plywood in the shop.

Also had a scrap piece of plastic to make a new dash. Installed switch panel with 6 switches, cig lighter and 2 usb outlets for charging phones. We ran all wiring to a fuse box in the glove box. Purchased the fuse box at west marine. Red LED lights under roof for night vision, New light package from Dave and replaced headlights with LED bulbs that I purchased online for just a few bucks. Inside the front bumper I mounted a 12 inch light bar with a center beam and large side Floods. Wasn't expensive so who knows how long it will last. Figured I would give it a try. It had all the right ratings but you never know. Time will tell. Also installed two rear facing 8W square LED lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2055.jpg (98.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2123.jpg (126.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2121.jpg (145.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2124.jpg (107.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #34
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

More photos

Installed fenders, front basket, Swamp Fox tires with all BLK $25 rims.

That roof system isn't going anywhere. It's very strong. Looks factory but made it out of 1 inch square box steel. It was a tedious project. But I wasn't in a hurry.

Test ran it on Sunday and was very impressed with what it would do. Thinking about installing a new controller with one of the "On The Fly programmers" made by Silver Wolf / Navarits. The cart will run 21 on pavement with the 3.3 Club Car motor. Thinking that onboard controller will allow me to turn up the torque when needed to climb a short hill or crank it way down for more range. I like the idea of not having to hook the cart to a computer to adjust a controller. Also thinking it may allow me to get away with using my current motor. The motor in the cart is relatively new. Still researching the idea. I know it is very expensive but also very intrigued with the Silver Wolf 4WD option. I plan on keeping this cart for a long time. Hunting with it, yard work and running on the beach during the summer when I am at our beach house in the OBX. Need to run it a lot more to see what I can and can't do.

It's been a very fun project. Frustrating at times but I learned a ton!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2058.jpg (111.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2061.jpg (123.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2063.jpg (116.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2122.jpg (107.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #35
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Very nice build regulator!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #36
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Very nice looking cart Carl, Didn't you say you emailed me a video? I never got it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car