lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #21
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 01 48 V CC DS - Hunting Buggy Build ?'s

I would like to thank everyone for all the help. Especially Dave at Revolution Golf Cars. I started this project back in Sept and honestly it was a much bigger project than I was expecting. I took my time and it has been a lot of fun. I learned a ton and already thinking about building another for my wife to take to our beach house. At first she could care less about what I was doing. Now she wants hers for the beach. Maybe that will be next winters project.

I can't thank Dave enough for his patience and knowledge. Dave answers his phone on the 1st ring and took the time to answer all of my questions. This project was sooooo much easier because of Dave. He literally walked me step by step. The cart is done! I will start to post photos of each step with details as to what I had to do. I literally tore this thing down to the frame and put it back together. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future. Not going to be abled to post all the photos and steps tonight.
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #22
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

I started by tearing the cart apart. I wanted to give it a good cleaning, figure out what I had and what needed to be done. Oh, boy. I learned someone had installed a Z Lift. That didn't fit into my plans so I had to see if I could fix that 1st. Dave provided me details on how to fix it. Including exact measurements.

This had me a little concerned. I figured I better start here before I did anything else. If I couldn't fix this my plans for making a hunting buggy out this cart were over. I got a good buy on the cart, it had less than year old batteries and the motor was replaced in the last few years. All positive - but this Z Life had me concerned. I knew it wasn't something I wanted to work with.

Following are the photos. I was able to cut some aluminum and make the brackets. Really not that bad with Dave's advise (of course) 1st hurdle down!

Then I fixed the steering knuckle. All worked!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1825.jpg (118.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1832.jpg (112.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1843.jpg (221.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1949.jpg (160.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1950.jpg (99.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #23
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

Next - I wanted to give the cart a good cleaning. What a dirty mess this thing was. Lot of rust!

We have a lot of 1/4 20 Stainless hardware around the shop. So all the hardware on the cart has been replaced with 1/4 20 stainless. Makes it easy if I need to take something off.

I discovered their was some damage to the area where the batteries were sitting. So I decided to pull out all the batteries, wire brush the entire area, and paint with Rustoleum bed liner. Not to bad - glad I caught it and it's done!

Next hurdle. Purchase and install a lift. Decided to go with All Sports from Dave.

Uh, oh - someone had welded a bracket for the rear lift to the rear axle. I didn't want to take a chance of damaging the axle by cutting it lose. So, I had to fabricate something on my own to get the same amount of lift. Following are some photos. More step by step photos of that repair tomorrow. Have a good night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1870.jpg (188.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1863.jpg (190.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1869.jpg (297.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1894.jpg (169.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1815.jpg (151.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #24
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Looks great so far!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Looks great. Glad I could help you sir.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #26
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Good work so far.

I don't think you'll regret one bit that you had to start from the frame up and replace hardware. It's a little more work in the beginning, but so worth it in the end. You know every bolt/nut of the cart and know it's been done right, the way you want.

Looking forward to the rest of your build.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #27
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is the challenge of working on a "classic". The little repairs/upgrades you discover fall into 2 categories, slick and clever, or WTF. But if you do it over and do it right, the satisfaction of a job well done will last long after the wallet sting of the repair.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #28
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

Photos of how we compensated for the welded block on the rear, installed the front and rear lifts, new brake pads, flipped the break lines (getting those clips out was a very challenging), New HD springs. After taking a close look the old ones were sagging on the left side. Figured now was the time to change them. Dave had them to me ASAP. The prior owner was a very large man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2044.jpg (111.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2069.jpg (93.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2126.jpg (68.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #29
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

Photos of all the body parts and the old box removed from the cart. The old box was steel, very heavy and rusted. Decided to go with an All aluminum box made by Beast. It was much larger, way lighter, had bars on it for lashing things down and I like the way the door locks up.

Only problem was this box and all supports were made for an EZ Go.

Next hurdle - making the box supports.

I had left over box steel from fixing the lift so I decided to use that for the box. I have no doubt this box will hold a deer. ha, ha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2039.jpg (131.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2040.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2052.jpg (68.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2071.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #30
Regulator
Not Yet Wild

Well now you can see I decided to go with a flat black body. It had been awhile since I put the cart on the charger. Well when I put it back on the charger it wouldn't charge.

Soooo - call Dave. He refers me to his website. Huge help. After trying and trying I put in another call. Just wanted to make sure we where on the right track. A quick call determined the on board computer was toast. So instead of buying a new one I ordered a Lester On Board Charger.

(I will have a used Club Car 48V Charger up for sale soon if anyone is interested. I tested everything with Dave on the phone and it past all tests)

Photos of us making supports to hang the charger on.

You can see I order custom bumpers front and rear from Grizzly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2105.jpg (81.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2106.jpg (136.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2107.jpg (140.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2108.jpg (144.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2109.jpg (122.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car