lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed and breaking

So take it easy on me, but im opening a custom golf cart shop. The club car dealer i bought the first cart from told me for $100 i can upgrade the speed of the cart to do 19mph. How is that done? i bought the curits 1313 programmer, is the modification to the speed done with the programmer? Any help appreciated.

Second question is about the auto breaking and not coasting. The cart when you let off the gas pedal it kinda dies out and comes to a stop. My friends cart doesn't do that and he said it needs to be turned off. IS that also done with the programmer?

thanks for all the help..
catlettcustomcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed and breaking

Speed code 4 is what gets you to 19. It is done with a programmer but you need an unlock key from Club Car.

Regen can be shutoff with the programmer
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Speed code 4 is what gets you to 19. It is done with a programmer but you need an unlock key from Club Car.

Regen can be shutoff with the programmer

So i guess he wanted to sell me the code 4 key then, and then i can enter it in with my programmer?
Old 08-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Ummm... no disrespect, but, I hope you're going to get REALLY GOOD business insurance!

I'm not a sparky guy, but it's to my understanding that the CC IQ control is the only one that has a "speed code 4" that you can buy from Club Car to install on a customers cart,
and I'm not sure if your programmer with work for that. (the sparky guys are more than welcome to chime in and correct me!)

The Regenerative braking is an important part of cart safety, disabling that on a customers cart may bring you to a law suit!

Again, no disrespect... but, your asking all of the wrong questions for for a start up custom cart shop!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Ummm... no disrespect, but, I hope you're going to get REALLY GOOD business insurance!

I'm not a sparky guy, but it's to my understanding that the CC IQ control is the only one that has a "speed code 4" that you can buy from Club Car to install on a customers cart,
and I'm not sure if your programmer with work for that. (the sparky guys are more than welcome to chime in and correct me!)

The Regenerative braking is an important part of cart safety, disabling that on a customers cart may bring you to a law suit!

Again, no disrespect... but, your asking all of the wrong questions for for a start up custom cart shop!

Why do you feel i'm asking the wrong questions? id think these are good questions to get out of the way early.

As far as breaking what does that have to do with anything? not sure how a law suit will play into anything.. Every cart ive ever rented it was turned off and every cart that i used for golf it was turned on. Not sure what your after here. Please explain.

And insurance, i have general liability insurance, what else would one need? and why do you say make sure you have good insurance? Im not following you here. Sounds like you are being negative towards me.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's how I feel about regen braking. If any braking is going to be done it's going to be by me. I was told that you can't turn it completely off but you can turn it down so low that you won't notice it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #7
pcool69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here is a good read on speed code 4:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ode-4-dud.html

pay close attention to TahoeDogZ71 even though he drives a Chevy
pcool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettcustomcarts View Post
So take it easy on me,...... Any help appreciated.
The first thing you need to learn is to ACCEPT the help you ask for. If you’re just gonna blow off the responses perhaps asking for help isn’t the best business plan.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettcustomcarts View Post
Why do you feel i'm asking the wrong questions? id think these are good questions to get out of the way early.

As far as breaking what does that have to do with anything? not sure how a law suit will play into anything.. Every cart ive ever rented it was turned off and every cart that i used for golf it was turned on. Not sure what your after here. Please explain.

And insurance, i have general liability insurance, what else would one need? and why do you say make sure you have good insurance? Im not following you here. Sounds like you are being negative towards me.
I think you are right. It reads negative to me too. Don't be too hard on these guys - some of them have been here for 10 years watching cart mechanics come and go. They may be a little soured by countless shop owners coming to them over and over for help with for the most basic cart repairs. With BGW being the resource and the shop owners cashing in on the free tech support. So yeah, give them a little slack and I'm sure they will remember their manners too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #10
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The first thing you need to learn is to ACCEPT the help you ask for. If you’re just gonna blow off the responses perhaps asking for help isn’t the best business plan.
How do you suppose i blew off his response to me. He attacked me by saying don't come here to ask these questions as a new shop owner. Now isnt that what this forum is for?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car