lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
Lawrence p
Not Yet Wild

Default 48 volt club car

i have a 48 volt club car car won't run i have 48 volts to both small terminals on both solenoids help
Lawrence p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt club car

Hello Lawrence, welcome to BGW.

I don't know a lot about that 2 solenoid system but others do. Can you tell us the year of the cart, and a brief description of the history if you know it? Also, the voltage of the batteries. If you don't know the year tell us the serial number.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #3
Lawrence p
Not Yet Wild

1997 club car 48 volt batteries are fully charged and I have 49 volt at last positive the solenoid is new and the cart was in water I've checked the motor and it runs
Old 10-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #4
Lawrence p
Not Yet Wild

I have power at both sides of key switch when on no back up buzzer 48 volts on both small terminals but I don't think there should be I think one of small terminals should be negative any ideas would help
Old 10-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Your solenoid readings are good. The negative is provided by the controller. Having 48V on both small terminals means they are being provided voltage, and the coils are good. When the controller commands them ON the voltage on the negative side will drop, but the controller needs input from several other places before it allows that.

Very likely that if it was in water the controller is damaged.

You should have a silver case controller. That controller should cycle the solenoids when you flip the Tow/Run switch, or after unplugging from the charger. Listen for them to Click On, then back off after about 10 seconds.
If the solenoids don't click, you probably need a controller.

If they DO click, then check your FnR switch and see if it's getting power on the Red/White wire. Then check for voltage on the other two wires after flipping the switch to each position. I think its White for F, and the Blue for R. You may not have full 48V here, but as long as you read over 30V coming out of the switch that's fine.

Next would be to check for FnR switch input at the controller on the same two wires.
Then check for throttle switch input at the controller on the Green/White wire. Should show over 30V when you press the throttle.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #6
Lawrence p
Not Yet Wild

Thanks on run two switch solenoids don't click is there a way to bypass controller to see if that's the problem also controller is T shaped with 14 pin plug
Old 10-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #7
Lawrence p
Not Yet Wild

Controller is a GE R. 12 2d roc model ev4l48xb2 I think it is a regen 1 controller
Old 10-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Lawrence p
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way to bypass regen 1 controller to see if it is bad or is there a way to check it to see if it is good thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car