lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default pulsar?

I have a 92 Marathon with the 2 cylinder Robbins engine in it. I put a volt meter on the pulsar and when cranking the engine no voltage and no flash at the neg side of the coil, it and pos side are both hot with motor turning over. so my simple mind has decided that the pulsar is not pulsaring anymore and has to be changed. But I am having trouble figuring witch one it takes the #6149 or the #5143? Thanks for the help. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: pulsar?

It is unusual for the pulsar to fail but it is common for the ignitor to fail. Place an ohm meter across the pulsar and look for 75 to 140 ohms. Now measure each wire to ground looking for infinity. If that checks out the pulsar is probably good.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
hugger6933
Getting Wild

When I had my VOM meter on the plug after it read 0.00volts while cranking, I changed it over to the Ohms scale where it read 0.00. So my main question is till I think the legitimate one do I need a 6149 or the 5143? is there some numbers on it to help me with this answer? I haven't yet pulled the lil' bogger off I just quit on it when it read all 0's. Jim
Old 05-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
hugger6933
Getting Wild

I also know from reading on here that the pulsar going out is super rare. I think that my son leaving the key on over the winter til the battery went dead not only something to do with it but is the cause of it. Since he now has a real good job making tons of money I sent him a text to tell him how much those pulsars costJim
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO