lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
ssundval
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 Club Car Bad RPM Limitor

I have a 1992 Club Car that will only spark for a couple of seconds when the engine is warm. I replaced the igniter. Same problem exists. I disconnected the ground to the RPM Limiter. Cart seems to run fine now. Should I replace this? If so, Does anyone know of a good (inexpensive) place to purchase one?

Thanks
ssundval is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Club Car Bad RPM Limitor

my opinion i would replace it......as for where to get it check the site sponsers here you be surprised or even one of the members might have a good used one.......now you can leave it unhooked but if you do put a tach on it as it dosn,t take much over revving to hurt the engine.................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
shaneberg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i would not worry about it those were put on to protect cart from golf course patrons you governor will protect engine just fine or get a tach and keep rpms below 4000 and a factor set governor is way below that mine was gone when i bought it had no problems
shaneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm going to have to agree with shadowman!

If by chance you don't know how a stock cart is supposed to sound at high revs,
You want to keep the limiter!

OH!!!... and welcome to BGW!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
ssundval
Not Yet Wild

By the way, this cart is mainly (99%) used on the golf course. Does this change anybody's mind about replacing the RPM Limiter?

Thanks
ssundval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your the only driver and your not a lead foot you can let it go but i still beleive it shoukld be there to serve its purpose........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if your the only driver and your not a lead foot you can let it go but i still beleive it shoukld be there to serve its purpose........................
If you are capable of driving a golf ball 500 yards and insist on hurtling flat out from tee to ball then get another rev limiter installed. If (however) you are a mere mortal like me and can't get the pesky spheroid beyond 300 yards then you you should be ok. I installed a tach on my CC to prevent me from doing silly things on the ride to and from the cart shed since that is the farthest I ever go between shots. Prudence is the key. I like my cart to get up and go but i'm in no hurry to rebuild the engine anytime soon.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rpm limiter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car