lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

Default Winter Storage?

Hi All,

This will be our 1st winter season with our 93 CC DS. What does everyone recommend for winter storage? We are in Michigan. Plan is to store in a garage (not heated, but insulated).

Will keeping a trickle charger on full time be ok? Or do the batteries need to be removed? I'm hoping the TC will be good enough. I really don't want to remove 6 batteries and lug them downstairs :(.
gibbywmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Winter Storage?

I would charge them up , check the water level , use your regular GC charger every few weeks and let in cycle .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks. What is the GC? The charging unit it came with? It’s going to stay in my mothers garage which is about an hour away from my house. She’s going to Florida from January - March, so I’m trying to come up with the best solution since someone won’t be there all
the time to maintain.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

GC = golf cart
Old 10-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’m not sure if 93 had OBC but, The original club car charger should be automatic. So I’d just it plugged in and let it do it’s thing. It should automatically kick on when it senses the voltage dropping past a certain threshold. That’s what I’m planning with my DS anyway, but we have an enclosure for it and I’m planning to buy a heater so it will still see some use. My first winter in Michigan also and in the past I’ve usually had gas carts so never had to worry about it :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #6
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What voltage is the cart? I don't think the OBC was used until 1995 so I don't think the charger will restart. I would fully charge the batteries and if you can get there once a month or so to restart the charger you should be good.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:38 AM   #7
04fxsts
Not Yet Wild

When we got our 2005 48 volt the gentleman told us the charger would charge and then shut off. It would not come back on until it had been unplugged and plugged back in so do that once a month and check the water at the same time. We have had it about three years with no problems. Jim.
04fxsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:04 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Or fully charge it and disconnect the battery pack. when you want to use it again, re connect the batteries and give it a charge cycle.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:47 AM   #9
gibbywmu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
What voltage is the cart? I don't think the OBC was used until 1995 so I don't think the charger will restart. I would fully charge the batteries and if you can get there once a month or so to restart the charger you should be good.
This is a 36V cart. Cartmaster mentioned disconnecting the battery pack as well. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what is meant by that. I know where the 36V is across all 6 batteries........but not sure what you mean by disconnecting the pack?
Old 10-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

that would be disconnecting the pack neg and pack positive from both ends
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car