lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2019, 07:00 AM   #21
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Please review my buy list for lithium build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The gigavac implementation has its advantages and drawbacks, to me keeping that contactor powered ON 24/7 as Zeva shows would not even be an option.

You can mitigate some of that by installing a "sleep switch", but the side effect on an Alltrax Controller is the loss of throttle calibration values when the gigavac is OFF.
Would this be a scenario where utilizing the "Absolute throttle" in the Alltrax would make sense?
PingEye3 has some really nice drawings for the gigavac setup with a "sleep mode" switch that you can use to power down the gigavac.
Here is a good thread I learned a lot from when I was getting started with my conversion. PingEye3 helped with this one. It has the sleep switch Sergio is talking about. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...hium-pack.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2019, 07:30 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Please review my buy list for lithium build

I would say only if you have a problem due to poor mechanical conditions on the throttle linkage.

I don't really see much value on the absolute throttle when the Controller has a definition for Your throttle type, The "absolute" option it is just a "fixed" calibration when you have mechanical limitations, want to only use a portion of your pedal travel or have a unique throttle.

The auto-calibration "zero" value is set when the Controller senses the pedal micro-switch close, pretty reliable.

The auto-calibration "max" value is bounded by the throttle type chosen so it has a narrow range it can vary.

The Club Car 3-wire throttles provide a voltage signal so there is not much variance when used in that manner regardless of the resistance range differences between: Multi-Step, MCOR2 and MCOR4.

I was just trying to remind folks the auto-calibration is saved in volatile memory inside the Alltrax controller and completely removing power from the controller like the single gigavac design does would cause those values to be lost.

It is unlikely to cause a problem, but if you do have other throttle issues it may be something to consider.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium