lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lithium upgrade parts/materials list?

Like so many others on here I've been devouring all of the valuable information here and I'm about to start sourcing all of the parts and materials to start my 14 cell Leaf upgrade on my 05 Precedent. I am hoping that someone has a consolidated materials list with part numbers and maybe sources they used that they would share.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium upgrade parts/materials list?

I've posted this pic on other threads. Part numbers are not included but a sufficient description of the part and the source and price are listed. I hope this helps:

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:22 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Was there an issue with the Elcon charger or you needed the fix to program it to your settings with the BMS?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Was there an issue with the Elcon charger or you needed the fix to program it to your settings with the BMS?
When I ordered it (from China) they ask me for the settings. However, they fail to ask me if I wanted CANbus or hard wire settings. I was not savvy enough to confirm I wanted CANbus....as I told them I was using the ZEVA BMS.

So, I received it hard wired with no ability to change the settings to what I wanted. That "mistake" cost me the additional $100. The charger is now set to the CANbus and I can tweek my charging settings to what I want.

Dave
Old 12-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
When I ordered it (from China) they ask me for the settings. However, they fail to ask me if I wanted CANbus or hard wire settings. I was not savvy enough to confirm I wanted CANbus....as I told them I was using the ZEVA BMS.

So, I received it hard wired with no ability to change the settings to what I wanted. That "mistake" cost me the additional $100. The charger is now set to the CANbus and I can tweek my charging settings to what I want.

Dave
Dang nickle and dimer's!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #6
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've been leaning towards the Zeva but was wondering if I would be swayed. I like the idea of having my info on my dash at a glance and the first system is going into the wife's cart so I think I'll keep it simple... Happy wife happy life!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2019, 04:51 AM   #7
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I've been leaning towards the Zeva but was wondering if I would be swayed. I like the idea of having my info on my dash at a glance and the first system is going into the wife's cart so I think I'll keep it simple... Happy wife happy life!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
I would have to agree with the Zeva route. There are enough of us on here who have installed them that help will be plentiful.
The first zeva install I did was nearly a year ago and it has been trouble free.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:33 AM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

My ZEVA monitor is mounted right on my dash. The pic here is a bit dark, but hopefully you can make out the mounting. I went to Ebay and purchased 20-ft of Belden wire and routed the wire from the ZEVA BMS to my dash. (You don't need 20-ft to do that....but the cost was only $10).

Old 01-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #9
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks, I pulled the trigger over the weekend. I have 28 cells (2 sets) coming from EV Center, Zeva BMS with monitor, Alltrax 500 and solenoid from Scotty's.

Still deciding on the charger. It seems the go to is the Elcon TC but I'm hoping to find something that will push a few more amps and while the CAN bus control is nice its its not a requirement... Looking into the Delta-Q possibly ICL1500 to see if its an option...

Any other recommendations?

And if course I need to give Pingeye3 a shout out for all the help he's giving me!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #10
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Yep, Gary's awesome
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium