lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
coda8it
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding Power Socket Accessory with Voltage Reducer

First Post:

Just purchased a 2012 YDRE for driving around the neighborhood. It is great but after getting passed by fellow golf carters a couple times going up hills on the street I decided to upgrade to an Alltrax 500amp controller. Install went well and happy with the results. I think I pass them now and if Im not careful I get up on two wheels! So, Im finding out this is addictive. Couple other adds and now I want a usb charger installed but I need a little help.

I purchased this from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a voltage reducer installed already. It is a Sure Powder 48v model 410202C00 with 6 pin connector. 3 questions and keep in mind I have limited electrical knowledge. See attachment photo for wiring diagram for both accessory and the voltage reducer.

#1. The accessory has an on/off switch. Which wiring diagram do I use on the attached photo from my on off power switch? Red out from the top of the 3 poles or from the middle of the 3 poles? I want power to the accessory all the time the ignition is on and just use the accessory switch to activate the usb plug when necessary.

#2. Which pin do I "tie" into on the voltage reducer? I am guessing either Pin 4 or Pin5. Would it be Pin2 since this is the ignition pin?

#3. How do I properly tie into this pin? The out wires to these pins are combined and I can't exactly see where they all go. Some even have fuses on the electrical lines. Can I just remove the wire that is attached to Pin4 or Pin5 or Pin2, lengthen the wire (it's pretty tight), and combine my new accessory wire somehow with this wire and then take it into the voltage reducer pin? Should I care if this new wire is tied in to a specific area on this line?

Thanks, could really use help here from someone who actually knows what they are doing!

When I get everything put back together I will send some photos. I think it looks nice and it is a lot of fun but I seem to be updating it more than I drive it right now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1984.jpg (217.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by coda8it; 08-24-2018 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Adding photo with different orientation
coda8it is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
TIKT B8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Adding Power Socket Accessory with Voltage Reducer

On question #1- do you want everything to come on with the ignition and you control it all from the switch? Or do you want the voltage gauge to come on with the ignition and just control the usb/cig lighter with switch?
TIKT B8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #3
coda8it
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Adding Power Socket Accessory with Voltage Reducer

Yes, I want everything to come on with the ignition switch. I see this as when the key is not in the on position nothing can drain the batteries down. Therefore, inadvertently you can't leave the accessory switch on and effect batteries. Then with the key in and in the on position everything has power.
Then the usb can be powered on with the toggle switch on the accessory that powers the usb and lighter.
coda8it is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha