lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
payne7744
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Motor upgrade for golf

I'm looking to increase the performance on a 2012 precedent. This is for golf course only. I Looked at the plum quick bandit motor but was told it might lower the torque and drain the batteries faster. So can anybody tell me what I will gain and what I will lose. Sometimes I play 36 holes a day. Thanks. (cart is being refurbished now)
payne7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor upgrade for golf

Use XCT500 IQ set to 400a and you will gain 30% torque and 22 mph top speed on the stock motor.
Aftermarket motor is no problem later, just turn the control up to 500.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
payne7744
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry don't really understand, is that a different motor, I've always had gas engines till now, course won't allow anything but electric and I've never been one for stock anything. 20 mph or a little faster is great for short wheelbase on the golf course. I want reliable, dependable and faster than stock for my club car that will be fully customized. Thanks so much newbie to electrics!
payne7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
whitetrash1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It's a controller
whitetrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I put the PlumQuick Bandit in my 03 DS and got just about 22mph out of it on a stock controller, I used it strickly for golf and never had any problems with it draining the batteries was easily able to play 36 or even 54 on occasion. The course i play is mostly flat plus the 1/2mile trip from house to course. I did notice some lack of torque but given the mainly flat terrain it was minor. I chose to go the bandit route because at the time I was new to electric carts and didn't want to mess with any wiring. That being said since then I have relegated the DS to the trail cruising cart have upgraded all wiring and now have a 400amp controller with the Bandit motor now have plenty of torque and still about 22-23mph. The yamaha G29 is the golf cart of choice for me now.
Besides my daughter has pretty much taken over the old DS.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!