lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Default G-1 Project

I started a G-1 project, picked it up for $100 it had everything but the motor. Naturaly I needed a motor so i picked one up. It is a Gsx-r 750. the thing is there are many things i am not happy with about this build. i want to change many things, and many of them are big changes. I will start off with some pictures, then explain my delema.

turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Default Re: G-1 Project

Now some of the problems are, I need to set a solid rear axel, the seat need to be redone because they are very uncomfortable, the choke for some reason on this motor is extremly hard to figure out how they work. I need better breaks to handle this motor. . . there were a few things i didn't think about in the begining (I started this project before i joined this forum). Since there are so many things to be re-done, I was thinking that maybe I should re consider what i want, Looking as all the work needed to fix the work already done is a fair amount. I'm begining to think that A 4x4 quad would be more what i would want on a big build such as this one. I saw the Yamasuki build and became really interested in how much harder that would be to put into this build. but plz leave comments i have set this project aside untill i know exatly what i am going to do and how i will do it. Would a quad motor front suspension breaks and rear suspension be better any problems with the quads. . are they real heavy?? Drop me a line so i can figure this mess out, thnx guys!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

I paid $100 for an '86 Club Car and have some work to do to,but it isnt anything I cant handle.If it were me,I would go back to the basics and ditch that GSXR motor in favor of something more practical.That way you dont have to go trying to cobble everything to work.The "Big Block" installs these guys are doing is the way to go I think.Other than that it looks like a functional cart and will be a lot cheaper than doing up a 4x4 quad(which doesnt have a rollcage like yours).Thats my opinion for what its worth. Good Luck.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Well i was thinking of stuffing the 4X4 quad into the cart chassis. Not sure i was thinking of going with a small diesel motor or a a big block, or fabing up a 4X4 quad into this frame.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

A small diesel engine would be sweet.When its summer run it on waste fryer oil!
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
carolinasled
Dum Spiro Spero

What is the rear tank for? Air?
carolinasled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If you can fabricate and make a G16 front and rear body work on a G1........You have the ability to do what ever your mind dreams up! I just want to see pixs of the build, no mater what direction you decide to go ! What, the G1 2cycle not fast/powerfull enough for your taste ? Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #8
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Well i would have loved to do up the stock motor but the problem was that it never came with one. I like to think i have good fab skills, I got a welding scholarship but decided that i would keep welding my hobby and go a different route. I talked to my dad today and it looks like i might be able to get a 20Hp Honda V-Twin FOR FREE!!! WITH A CLUTCH!!! so i will see how that turns out, I am going to sell that GSX-R to a motorcycle shop. I am going to trade in my G-1 rear end for a G-14 or a G-16 rear end so i can gain reverse. That is as long as i get that big block for free if not i think i will be going the diesel route. I will be sure to keep pics coming, I know how much everyone likes them (including myself). I think I am going to do a paint job on this soon while i am waiting. As for the tank it is the gas tank, it needed to be gravity feed for the GSX-r motor, that might be going with the motor swap, or just put under the body anyhow. but it is a heavy unit and i deff dont need anymore weight in this thing.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

I think $100 would have been a good deal just for the wheels and tires and the body. Is the frame all hacked up to mount the body and lift it?
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

not too much. I would say that it is not hacked up much as all actually. There are only a few things that i want to work on and clean up. looks like I will trade in my diff get a new motor new coil overs and then eather put a box on the back and make it a work buggie. . or give it a paint job and get rid of her. what should i do??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha