lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt club car new batteries, but SLOW

STEVE SZABO your 2000 could be a whole different cart ( looks the same but controlling is all new age ) and that could even be a IQ which has adjustable controller settings while your 1995 is a series cart with stock Curtis set speedd controller ( Unless its been changed ) and you have no way to speed that controller up. The use of a V glide with small electronic resistors is not the best for performance or speed, while the 2000 and up used a MCOR pedal control which is far and above better than what you have now? Later models came with higher HP motors, and higher capacity controllers, HD F&R controls, etc.
Like all have said look to your brakes and I will also add one more item to check ( WHEEL BEARINGS ) a local CC owner all of a sudden lost most of his power and when it had battery failure on 1 year old Interstates, he tried to push home and found that front wheel bearings were spinning in hubs and tearing up spindles? Do like GOLFCARFIXER says and test roll of your cart on flat smooth surface, should be able to move very easily.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

MARKM Private message sent to you.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

That is one of the problems , when lifting a cart , it can pull on brake cables.
I think one of the site sponsors sells extended cables ?????
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
steve szabo
Not Yet Wild

ok, well im getting some where pushed the cart it was real stiff had to move, I checked the wheel bearings first and they were ok, I just repacked them a week ago so I was pretty sure they were not the problem. So when I jacked up the bake lots of drag was found, I had already ajusted these to when I repacked the front bearings.. So I re adusted them agian put the wheels back on backed out braked took off seemed alot faster braked took off a few times better but still not right. Back to the garage jacked up the back agian and the wheels were stiff once agian...Hmmm. So I adjusted agian and hit the brakes with the drum off driver side ok passenger side the adjustment wheel lock is not setting and alowing the wheel to spin.. I tryed bending back in place but hard to doat the angle i have. so i put the drums and wheels back on and this time ran it without touching the brakes..and I took off and ran twice the speed..So now the problem is solved, I just need to figure out how to get the adjustment lock on the wheel to set..Any ideals?
steve szabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Send Pics , of what it look like now.

Have U replaced the pads ? sometimes if the old pads are worn too much the distance the brake has to travel to engage will cause the self tightener to ALWAYs rotate.

So new pads = less travel, less self tightening :)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #16
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like you need to tear down you brakes ( WARNING EARLY CC HAD ASBESTOS SHOES ) take all safety measures as you dont need LUNG CANCER for yourself or a precious family member? Start by removing the clevis pins from cable ends and remove drums. Check the condition of return springs ( if in doubt replace #101816301 ) also check condition of shoe retainers for holding shoe tight against backing plate #1011477. Remove the shoes and clean and check backing plates where shoes make contact for wear groves ( if there file as smooth as possible ) then lubricate all shoe contact surfaces with BRAKE LUB "NOT REGULAR GREASE". Tear down and clean the self adjuster lever assembly's and adjustment mechanism's and lub with brake lub. NOTE CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE CORRECT UNITS BECAUSE THERE IS LEFT AND RIGHT UNITS? I Had similiar problem and found that they had been switched and one kept locking brake on that side while other one was frozen and did adjust at all?
Confirm that adjusters contact surface is not worn to allow them to slip past adjustments and possibly rotate enough to lock up brakes. Replace shoe assemblys and hand adjuts until slight drag is felt when rotating drums. Remove clevis pins at front of cabels and check for drag of cables inside housings and lubricate as needed with dry moly type lub. While cables are unhooked at front check condition of bearings on pedal shaft and lub with dry moly. Check condition of return spring on brake pedal and if not good and firm replace #1013531. Now replace all clevis pins and adjust any slack out of cables. NOTE with pedal at rest and brakes shoes adjusted if you have problems getting clevis pins back in you ned to get a extension kit from one of our sponsors. ALSO CHECK "U" bolts for tightness and look for signs of rear axle rotation which is fairly common with lift kits and if so switch to 2 "U" bolts per side.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #17
steve szabo
Not Yet Wild

After doing some research the brake assembly on the cart does not match what should be on it. Its a 95 cart but has 2000 to 2001 one set up according to the diagram. the arm that keeps locking up the brakes is the assembly lever. The 95 does not even show this part on the diagram. I have a parts cart that is a 94 that I can take the parts off of and see if that fixes it. Is it possible to interchange the brakes from a 95 to a 2000 style and work correctly? My parts cart does not have this lever so when the brake is pushed it just moves back and forth with no adjustment arm that tightens.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have replaced many over zealous Club Car brake self adjusters.... I don't know why they get like that but replacing the unit seems to fix it. CC says if you bend any part of the adjuster arm you need to replace the unit, they can be touchy to get set up right.... Drum on/of on/off on/off sheeze.... gimme an ezgo Make sure you got the right shoes too the front is 1/8th of an inch longer than the rear..... Good brakes when they work right
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #19
steve szabo
Not Yet Wild

im thinking i can pull the axels out on both carts remove the bolts and replace the whole brake assembley without taking the springs and such apart since the brake system on my part car is in good working condition.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve szabo View Post
im thinking i can pull the axels out on both carts remove the bolts and replace the whole brake assembley without taking the springs and such apart since the brake system on my part car is in good working condition.
What year to what year?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car