lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride
Events and Places to ride Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
Gobbledot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ocean Lakes Myrtle Beach

lol you are correct. I dont know weather to risk it and pay a fine or not take the cart..
Gobbledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't call it triple towing for a common sense reason.
If you want to call two trailers triple towing,
then you would have to call towing one trailer double towing,
and just riding down the road with nothing behind your truck would be single towing.

Now, the way I see it is if you are pulling one camper(trailer) you are towing (or single towing) if you add another trailer behind your main trailer, you are double towing, towing two, which would, again, be double towing. You are towing two things. That might not be how the law labels it, but then how much sense has anything made that came out of government? If your wife gives birth to twins, you don't call them triplets just because the carrier (mother) was also involved in the set. It only pertains to how many kids she had.

I "double tow" quite often.

The Train.jpg
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #13
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I have seen that site before with the laws of towing. It does say that NC does not allow the "triple towing", but if you look to the far right, you will see the all powerful "reciprocity" key word with a big YES under it for NC. Which means that if it's legal in your state, it's acceptable in theirs. Now, if you reside in NC, the you are not allowed to "triple tow" there.

If you are concerned about that law, you could print out the law which includes the words that the reciprocity law allow you to "triple tow" in that state since the state you reside in allows it.

Florida is another state that does not allow "triple towing" but they do have the reciprocity law that allows it and you'll get tired of counting UPS, Fedex, and Conway transporters that have two trailers behind their tractor.

There are also endless numbers of fishing boats/ski boats behind 5ers on the roadways there as well. I know that last year, there was a Jeep behind one 5er.

Since I have my concealed weapon permit, those reciprocity laws are very important to me.

Disclaimer: If you get cited for towing against that state laws, I'm not responsible.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #14
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
lol you are correct. I dont know weather to risk it and pay a fine or not take the cart..
Gobbledot... I see a lot of trucks with 5th wheelers towing a utility trailer with their golf cart down there.Don't know if it's legal but they do it.
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #15
Gobbledot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks all.. I want to apologize to PINEYBOY, I feel like I hijacked your thread. Its quit odd though that I have been bouncing this around and worrying about this and whats so odd is that this campground is the one I am heading to.. Again I apologize..
Gobbledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Pimp Daddy, I was looking at that Ocean Lakes web site. I went to the July 4 parade and I believe I saw you in a few of the pics. I think you were wearing a red shirt in the 2009 pics. Am I just seeing things or was that you on Casper?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #17
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Pimp Daddy, I was looking at that Ocean Lakes web site. I went to the July 4 parade and I believe I saw you in a few of the pics. I think you were wearing a red shirt in the 2009 pics. Am I just seeing things or was that you on Casper?

SR...If you saw Casper it was the wife and myself on it. They had 2 parades last year,we were in both, with different decorations for each. We've been in the parades since 2007,plan to be there this year also.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Those are parades! I've never seen so many carts in one place in my life. Looks like a GREAT time. The wife and I are going to have to plan on that... maybe next year. We have all of our travel plans made for this year.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

SR... You're right about the carts. There are usually always a bunch of nice carts down there from Easter thru Thanksgiving. The month of October is when they hold their Golf Car Show.That is when the REALLY NICE carts show up.Here is a link to last year's show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3507871...7622541716071/
Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #20
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow! Great looking carts...and yours was right up there with the best of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride