lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride
Events and Places to ride Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default South Carolina or GA Trail Ride Get together

I was thinking about trying to plan some trail rides. Uwharrie is in north carolina and it is well suited for lifted golf carts. Anybody want to plan some trail rides in our area SC/GA? Im in Beaufort SC which in lower SC about 45 min from Savannah GA.
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

Default Re: South Carolina or GA Trail Ride Get together

www.durhamtown.com it's like heaven.. only dirtier
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the tip. That place looks like a good find. I may visit here in the next couple weeks if I get my cart back together in time.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

u could live out there if you had the $ they've got everything u need from food to camping to a pro shop.. even mechanic shop. 8-9000 acres of trials not counting all the acres they have for hunting, lakes for fishing, their horse riding acres, 4x4 truck rock climing area... something there for everyone.

we go there as much as we can
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess this fizzled out. Anybody want to make a trip to Uwharrie or somewhere else?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
riverracer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Uwharrie may be tough with electric carts.I go there several times a year with my jeep.There is a few campgrounds on lake marion we go to alot to ride trails.Sometimes as many as 20 carts.
riverracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are there alot of trails around there at lake marion? I would still be down for Uwharrie if anybody else has a cart thats up for it. I have been there several times I think most of the trails will be a cakewalk for a gas cart with good power and at least 24" tires.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

A couple of you have emailed me. Lets put together a run. Francis Marion used to be good back in the day. I havnt been in years. Or I would also be down for a Parsons Mtn or Cedar Springs trip as I come up to Clemson somewhat often. Any more info on the trail rides at Lake Marion SC would be great. I guess if we put together a trip people need to know what there up against before hand. Probably best suited for gas carts. Big Blocks with big lifts if your going to somewhere like Uwharrie. I have winches and can serve as a recovery vehicle if need be but I wouldnt want to be towing back electric carts all weekend. Lets keep people informed and seriously put together a trip. You can pm me if you have some ideas.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
twistedup
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

parsons mt is good for a gas cart ride and play but its more of a one way trail with a pay box.its only 5 bucks and is open 24/7 due to weather.call before you haul 803-561 4025
twistedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #10
riverracer
Getting Wild
Club Car

There are lots of trails thru woods dirt roads ect at the lake.Average ride on one of our night rides around 35 to 45 miles.thats about the range for most of us with electric carts.During summer month we watch the band at the campground and at 11 when they quit we pack the coolers and ride most of the night.All types of terrain. Mudholes steep hillclimbs ect if thats what you want.Lots of mud when it rains.I go to uwharrie also several time a year.My cart would not go far there.If i sell my jeep i will build a 4x4 cart to go there with.The campground we go to is called Rocks Pond Campground and Marina.Not far from Santee SC off I95.
riverracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride