lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2023, 01:07 PM   #1
TJMcMahon
Not Yet Wild

Default Illuminated Green Oval Light Switch- Always On?

I was helping a friend with His Columbia Eagle P4 and spent a whole day diagnosing a headlight issue. The voltages are really strange. There are 3 connections on the Green Oval headlight switch. Each connection has two wires going to it. Two black wires go to the front turn signals. Two Blue wires go to the headlights and two red wires go to a fuse behind the driver's seat.
Testing the voltages to ground you find 27V on each of the Blue and Black and -15v on the red. Voltage from blue to black is zero. From either blue or Black to red is where they get the 12v for the lights. If you hook all 3 together you blow the fuse behind the seat. Unless you run all 3 through the switch... when in the on position all 3 poles are connected together so you would think it would be the same as just connecting them together. But with the switch in the circuit, you have a little light inside the switch in the circuit as well.

I've attached a picture of what the dashboard looks like. The switch I'm talking about is labeled "C".

Anyway, when I got it all back together the little green switch light is always on, whether the headlights are on or off. Is it supposed to be that way?

The switch works like this: When off poles 1 & 2 are still connected but 1&3 and 2&3 are disconnected. Thus you always have power to the turn signals (on or off) and the headlights are switched.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dashboard Pic.jpg (19.9 KB, 0 views)
TJMcMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2023, 09:51 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Illuminated Green Oval Light Switch- Always On?

Here's the 12 volt wiring diagram, the best view of the light switch is page 2. NO, the led is not always lit so if it is it's wired incorrectly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPC_Electrical_Schematic_12V_AccessoryWiring_Rev4.pdf (192.2 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlights, light switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar