lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 RXV brake light relay?

I have a 2010 RXV which has aftermarket headlight / tailights, but no brake lights and no turn signals. It is used exclusively on private property (farm), so I don't need turn signal, but brake lights would be nice to have to lower the chances of gettting rear ended by a tractor, etc.

The RXV in question has a built date of late January 2010, and did not come with a 12V voltage converter (I have already added one). I have looked at the wiring diagrams for this era Danaher controller RXV, which seems to show a purple wire from the controller that is designed to control a brake light relay. I just need to confirm the function of this connection and its specs. From what it looks like to me is I need a smal DC relay, high power side would be from 12V converter to LED brake lights , control side would be +48V which is drawn to ground by the purple lead from the controller, normally open, closes for brake light lighting?

It is an RXV so I don't want to go probing around, and also don't want to buy the $200 turn signal kit just to get brake lights.

Thanks Ike
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 RXV brake light relay?

]Yes, under the cup holder you will find an "extra" red & purple wires with unused connectors on them. They are to activate the brake light relay. I tried several different relays I thought should work, they didn't. All the other relays I tried either "latched on", or wouldn't actualization (<-awesome auto-correct word for actuate). The factory relay works great, here's the part number, 604110 (relay, 24v). The "red ezgo" & "purple ezgo" are the pre-existing wires, the other 2 are the 12v+ & lead to the brake lamps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_10688-IMG_20151001_230711_205-1809441054.jpg (192.6 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
Russ Lowy
Not Yet Wild

I am new and found this thread which fits my situation. I have found the purple and red wires but am not certain what or where the Red #7 wire comes into play. Would you mind describing connection in a bit more detail? Thank,
Russ Lowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The wires labeled "ezgo" come from the cart wire harness to turn the relay on and off. The other 2 are "12v source" and "wire to provide power to brake lamp".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
Russ Lowy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the post. I only have two wires (violet & red) that are free to connect. There are no other available wires in the dash/cup holder area. There is an open 9 pin connector stuffed in the compartment, but that's it. Does this mean the cart does not have the capability for brake lights?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #6
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Be careful,
If you have trouble with this description, messing around with RXV wiring can get very
expensive.

the wires labeled ezgo are under cup holder and connect to relay coils.
the other wires are on light wire harness .

there are to many different harnesses for us to tell you where or if connector is on your light harness.

some have brake light switch leads-some don't

HINT: if you have turn signals on cart,or white molex type connector under cup holder there should be brake light leads
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Russ Lowy
Not Yet Wild

I must have an aftermarket harness. Coming up from the under the floor into the cup holder area I have found violet and red wires with connectors. I also have a 9 pin connector coming from another harness with nothing attached. Going into the area with headlamp cables are two unattached wires with connectors that are dark purple and black. This is it for and unconnected or unused wires/connectors.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:35 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Lowy View Post
Thanks for the post. I only have two wires (violet & red) that are free to connect. There are no other available wires in the dash/cup holder area. There is an open 9 pin connector stuffed in the compartment, but that's it. Does this mean the cart does not have the capability for brake lights?
Sorry, I've been in Washington DC for nearly a week on govt business. Just made it home a few minutes ago.

The violet and red wires connect to the coil connections (terminals 85 and 86) on the brake light relay that you will have to purchase. The 12V wires that activate your brake lights will be connected to terminals 30 and 87. One of those is the 12V from your 12V power source, the other will connect to the wire that connects to your brake lights. Since accessory harnesses vary, you will need to determine which wire that is on the accessory harness that you have. I suggest you take a careful look at both of your brake lights and trace the wires from them to the accessory harness end under the cupholder. There may be 2 wires to connect together for that, one from your left brake light and one from your right brake light. They may be the same color, such as one green and one brown, or both the same color. There is no standard wire color code followed by the various accessory harness makers.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO