lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #1
EzGoBoy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear leaf spring kit req'd on EZGO TXT rear seat install?

Quick question, I have a 2007 EzGo TXT 36V & planning on installing rear seats. Is it required or recommended to install a heavy duty rear leaf spring kit with it?

Cart is used in a trailer park and would carry kids on the back.

Thanks
John
EzGoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Rear leaf spring kit req'd on EZGO TXT rear seat install?

recommended if you are carrying over 100 lbs
Old 09-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Definitely recommended, check out the medium duty leaf springs that Cart Parts Plus offers.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
EzGoBoy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you all, much appreciated!
EzGoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
kskcheche
Not Yet Wild

Not needed. My Dads cart has factory two leaf springs. Only bottom out with oversized turf tires. With stock tires no rubbing at all with 250+ lbs. On mine I got the 3 leaf to run 225/14"s. The ride went way rougher than before. They are stiff, hardly any drop with my 190lb self hopping on it.
kskcheche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #6
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskcheche View Post
Not needed. My Dads cart has factory two leaf springs. Only bottom out with oversized turf tires. With stock tires no rubbing at all with 250+ lbs. On mine I got the 3 leaf to run 225/14"s. The ride went way rougher than before. They are stiff, hardly any drop with my 190lb self hopping on it.
The three leaf springs are horrible, I switched to the dual action springs and it was much better. The rear leaf springs are not only for keeping the tires from rubbing, but also help improve handling on the street. Personally, I would use them for the street, rubbing or not.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #7
JR_ECE
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I am adding a rear seat to a 2012 EZGO TXT, and had the same question. I've researched this question a little, and it appears there are a number of leaf spring options. I'm gathering there are 2, 3, and 4 leaf springs. Some are considered standard and some are heavy duty. I've read here that a 3 leaf spring is enough for a rear seat where a 2 leaf spring is not adequate. The 4 leaf springs are really stiff and would really only be necessary for off road. All that said, I inspected the cart and discovered it has a set of 3 leaf springs installed from the factory. The specific question I have is there anyway of knowing if these springs are standard or heavy duty? Have any of you ran into the 3 leaf springs on factory carts, and will they support a rear seat?

Thanks! I hope this info is helpful to someone else as well.
JR_ECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_ECE View Post
I am adding a rear seat to a 2012 EZGO TXT, and had the same question. I've researched this question a little, and it appears there are a number of leaf spring options. I'm gathering there are 2, 3, and 4 leaf springs. Some are considered standard and some are heavy duty. I've read here that a 3 leaf spring is enough for a rear seat where a 2 leaf spring is not adequate. The 4 leaf springs are really stiff and would really only be necessary for off road. All that said, I inspected the cart and discovered it has a set of 3 leaf springs installed from the factory. The specific question I have is there anyway of knowing if these springs are standard or heavy duty? Have any of you ran into the 3 leaf springs on factory carts, and will they support a rear seat?

Thanks! I hope this info is helpful to someone else as well.
I put a 6 inch lift on my CC DS, gas and it was so rough riding that I immediately removed the heavy duty springs that came with my kit and went back to the original springs. I plan to add a rear seat and when I do instead of heavy duty spring, which I already have from my kit, btw. I'm going to add air bags so when I am going to have someone riding or I'm hauling something I'll simply add some air. Those 12volt compressors are cheap and hardly take up any space or weight much so I'll just mount it permanent

Edit: Mybad, I thought I was replying to 'EzGoBoy'

Peace
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:45 PM   #9
JR_ECE
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

No problem. Hopefully someone can help with the spring questions.
JR_ECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #10
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
The three leaf springs are horrible, I switched to the dual action springs and it was much better. The rear leaf springs are not only for keeping the tires from rubbing, but also help improve handling on the street. Personally, I would use them for the street, rubbing or not.
If you do find a better spring or ride, please let us know.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!