lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
-J.,R, & G
Not Yet Wild

Default 1989 Club Car Resistor Cart Not Charging

Hello all,
I am new to the forum and new to golf carts, but I am happy to have found this site due to all of the helpful information and people. That said, here goes for my problem - We recently purchased a 1989 Electric Club Car Resistor cart for our Autistic son for his 16th birthday : ) (who has always loved golf carts) for us (his mom & myself) to drive him around the neigborhood. We were told the batteries were new when we purchased the cart & everything has worked really great for about the past year or so until a week or so ago. Now, when I plug it in to charge it, it does not click, charge or anything and it will not move/drive at all. I did notice that a couple of times before this that it would slowly creep forward without touching the throttle pedal which I read was a bad or sticking solenoid (unless that is incorrect?). So, I replaced the solenoid thinking that it might have possibly contributed to the batteries possibly draining too low for the charger to kick on to charge? The charger is a Club Car Accu Power Model 13800 mfg. by Lester Electronics. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated so we can hopefully get the cart going again for our son who has really missed it for the past week & a half - two weeks. Thanks so much in advance -Jay
-J.,R, & G is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car