lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
jumbotron1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 86 EZ GO problems

I've been having ignition problems with my 86 marathon with a 244 robin 2 cycle engine. So far I've replaced the coil and cdi box, to no avail. I'm thinking it's the pulser coil. Is there any way to test the coil so I know for sure? Any help would be appreciated.
jumbotron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: 86 EZ GO problems

Welcome to the forum , I used the search feature and found this :
The way I understand how this system works, is the pulsar coil triggers the ignitor, which in turn triggers the ignition coil. The pulsar coil should read 75 ohms between the red and blue wires. If not, replace pulsar coil. There is not a test in the manual for the ignitor. They say, try a known good one, and if it works, replace the bad ignitor. There are two tests for the ignition coil. You should have 2.88 to 4.32 ohms between the orange and green wires. (primary of the coil) You should have 9.36 to 14.04K ohms between the orange wire and the sparkplug wire. (secondary of the coil) There is a discussion in another thread about a modification using an automobile coil. Check with ScottyB he can probably tell you where to find it. Capt. Ed

CaptEd
View Public Profile
Send a private message to CaptEd
Find More Posts by CaptEd
Add CaptEd to Your Contacts
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
matluv1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I put a thead up a couple days ago check it out.
matluv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
jumbotron1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Pretty sure i found the problem...the pulsar coil checked out at .14 ohms. Once I get a new pulsar coil and get her back together I'll let everyone know how it went.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
jumbotron1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Replaced the pulsar coil today, and she fired right up!!! Thanks everyone for your help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO