lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
81fairmont
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default solenoids

i have been looking at other post trying to find if i have a wire in the wrong place i wireing diagrrms shows a wire coming from the f r switch going back to the solenoids this pic dose not show this wire could i have messed up when i put the new battries in when i tryed to hook up the f r switch i got spark and some smoke disconnected before anything burned up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130801_170444.jpg (179.6 KB, 0 views)
81fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: solwnoids

it looks from that pic that the middle solenoid is "less than ideal" ......
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
81fairmont
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

this pic is not my car but one set up the same way i have found a diagram of the f r switch the site i found indactes that it is 81 to 83.5 model year i am trying to find out why i keep getting diffrent awnsers i never took any wires off the switch or the motor but this one shows the there is only one battery hook up the two bottem one in this diagram show the to bottem one jumped togher and going to the motor not two power wires
Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Bill
Getting Wild

Like Budule said, Your middle solenoid "terminal" has problems but that would give You no second speed not sparks when You hook up the pack.

Going to need more pictures to see what is going on. Pics of the battery's, F/R switch etc...
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Like Budule said, Your middle solenoid "terminal" has problems but that would give You no second speed not sparks when You hook up the pack.

Going to need more pictures to see what is going on. Pics of the battery's, F/R switch etc...
Picture is not the cart in question.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Picture is not the cart in question.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
81fairmont
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

here is a f r switch diagram that i found on the web the way they show it in the wiering diagram that is on this site dose not show this switch very good the way the one in my car was hooked up it had the 1 wire on the side going to the motor 1 of the to on the part that moves one was going to the batts + one was going to the end of the solenoid assembly than the to bottem one going to the batt + side the other one was going some place else
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCrevswitch.jpg (120.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

jumper dosent sound right to me....but im not sure on that model.......this from another site that shall go un-named...

Looking at it in this picture the top post goes to the S-1 terminal of motor.
Going clock wise down to bottom of switch the next post: 1/2 throttle + cable to battery +.
Going clock wise to the next bottom post: 36 volts + Charge connection wire and + micro switch wire
Now for the driver side rotating connection:#5 selnoid connection
Passenger side rotating: A-1 of motor
Top of switch has the F/R micro switch that the blue wire is from the key switch and the yellow goes to the speed micro's. The hot side of key comes off the charger plug wiring.
It took awhile for me to figure it out but I finally did, so this is to help others in this area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85FRswitchlabel.jpg (55.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: solenoids

The diagram you posted shows the "battery positive" at top right.....I think that's wrong, should be bottom left.....with bottom right being "half power" I guess if you use the jumper its full power in forward and reverse.......I just looked at mine (its an 88 Vglide but same thing really) and it is like the pic I posted except the left swivel (white) goes to vglide instead of solenoids....now, since you admitted "fire AND smoke" hard to say now if something else is wrong but if you used that diagram im pretty sure it aint right.....
Old 11-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: solenoids

my fire and smoke.....I feel your pain.....last pic is the terminal that melted right out of my BRAND NEW 2 hour old battery......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00048.jpg (220.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00049.jpg (202.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00050.jpg (234.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car