lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Upgrade Help

First off let me give some info on my cart. Its a 2002 fleet series with 4ga wiring, and emp motor (200, 205/50/10 wheels/tires, and just purchased new HD F/R cam and a HD solenoid. My questions concerns the alltrax 400 non-programmable controller and the hd solenoid. Should I get the non-prog or the programmable 400 and second does the plastic cap go down or up on the solenoid, there is no battery marking as on the old one, and will a 6.5 w/250ohm resistor work. Also cart is not for hauling people (1 seat) and is used mostly to visit neighbors and take trash to the collection site (5 miles rnd trip). I appreciate any help, thanks.
csmdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade Help

either controller will work, and you can mount the solenoid either way, there is no real top or bottom.

the resistor should be a 10 watt, not a 6.5 and if its for a 36v cart, 10 watt / 250 ohm. For a 48v is should be a 10 watt / 470 ohm

The question I would have is your cart 36v or 48v? and if its 36v, would you ever think about upgrading to 48v? if so.....I would get the programmable so in the future, you are set and can go in and change the settings when you upgrade to 48v.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have some Gambel CG10, 10 watt, 250 ohm 6% wire-wound axial lead resistors if they would be ok. Also I'm pretty sure I will never upgrade this cart to 48volt but since the difference is only about $75 I may as well go with programmable. So the solenoids like sold at most of the cart shops are mounted with plastic case end down and battery + cable is to lug closest to batteries, blk leeds to left/batteries side and red leeds to right/cart body side. Are there any HD micro-switches that I need for the f/r switch(bought hd cam). Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmdew View Post
I have some Gambel CG10, 10 watt, 250 ohm 6% wire-wound axial lead resistors if they would be ok. Also I'm pretty sure I will never upgrade this cart to 48volt but since the difference is only about $75 I may as well go with programmable. So the solenoids like sold at most of the cart shops are mounted with plastic case end down and battery + cable is to lug closest to batteries, blk leeds to left/batteries side and red leeds to right/cart body side. Are there any HD micro-switches that I need for the f/r switch(bought hd cam). Thanks
yes, that resistor would work.....

if you buy it as a programmable, either make sure its already set up for your set up, or understand how to do it. Personally, if it were me, I would buy it from ScottyB at CartsUnlimited.net and tell him your carts set up and he will pre-program it so when you get it, its ready to install and go.

the F&R micro switches are the same......so getting the cam and installing it on your switch is all you need.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the info, now to buy the controller.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

New problem: need microswitch for the f/r switch but having hard time locating. Also unable to contact scottyb so guess have to buy controller somewhere else. Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmdew View Post
New problem: need microswitch for the f/r switch but having hard time locating. Also unable to contact scottyb so guess have to buy controller somewhere else. Thanks
do not buy it some place else.....did you call to office??

855-888-2278

and you can get the micro switch at Shopezgo.com here is a link directly to it.

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/15-...tch-Limit.html
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea, this was the 2nd call and sent another email. Talked to someone who said scottyb would call me back, didn't happen, will try him 1 more time; but thanks for link for microswitch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO