lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
scspur
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95 club cart converted, need help

I have a 95 club cart frame and body here at work. It was scrapped so I took parts and got it running again. I had to use the 5 solenoid system with the micro switch box because it was all I had at the time. The key switch was bypassed as well as the safety micro switch on the F/R control (the bypassing was already done on it, I guess they had a bad solenoid and didn't have a spare). Anyway I have had this cart running like this for a few years, but had to replace one of the micro switches last year so I replaced all of them while I was in the box. That fixed my problem at the time. I recently had a bad battery and replaced it, but when I did the cart started pulling without the pedal. F and R unless I put it in neutral. I assumed I had a bad solenoid so I replaced all of them (since I had the assembly off), but that has not fixed the problem. Do you think I need to replace the micro switches again? It also has a new F/R selector. I know its an odd set up but any help would be appreciated.
scspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 95 club cart converted, need help

since i have no idea just whats going on from your post it sounds like the microswitch that activates the master solenoid is bad......so i would replace that one.......but if you have 5 solenoids and the silver box with 5 micros and an F&R with micros ........i hope they all arn,t hooked up...............you shouldn,t need the one on F&R.........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
scspur
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am thinking its probably a micro switch also (in the box). I wanted to get all the safety switches back on line simply because stupid people borrow it from time to time. As long as they put it in neutral and set the park brake everything should be good, but not everyone does that and I have seen some short out and take off by themselves if those things are not done. Just trying to keep safety first since it is at work. I will have to work on getting that fixed after I have this issue taken care of. I plan to change the micro switches today. I only have three, but I plan on going to pick up a few more in a little while. I will post when I have them installed and check it out. Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Basically you have a 1987 5 solenoid drive system....hopefully.

so the master and at least one of the other 4 speed selection solenoids must be activated before the cart will go... this should be enough information for you to start sorting out your problem... remove any part of the activation system to the solenoids to determine if the problem is activation (micro switches) or contact (solenoids) related.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
scspur
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks....I will post results soon....I hope
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car