lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 CC Won't Go / Success Update / Thank You All

Posting this as a new thread to make sure all ( 72 Volt EZGO, Scotty, Shadow, etc. ) get the well deserved thanks and to share info on hopefully what others don't run into.

First of all,.a big thumbs up and a mighty thank you to all of you for your, time, patience and willingness to share your wealth of knowledge.

Today we took a giant step towards having a running cart. For all of you that led me in the direction of the V Glide / pot, your brillance is outshined by no one.

Okay, now that I'm done kissing *** :), I'll explain.

Today I came home from work and removed the throttle rod from the v glide and manipulated the arm in the V Glide by hand. I pushed it all the way to the off position and found that I can still not get it fully on the first copper pad without just a hair of it still touching the second pad. It's an aftermarket body and perhaps the stop bumper isn't exactly to manufacturers specs but I believe I can trim it up. Now here's where the good news comes in, I move the arm in the direction for acceleration and for some reason, when it's on the second pad, absolutely nothing happens but when it's about 3/4 of the way on the third pad, the solenoid clicks and when it's fully on the third pad, IT RUNS. Yea! And from there until the last pad,...it revs up quite nicely and smoothly to a good fast speed. Bringing it down to slow the acceleration, it performs just as well with exactly the same results at the same spots. I performed this over and over in reverse, forward, charger plugged in, charger unplugged....came inside for a sandwhich and a drink, went back out and repeated everything with the same results. I can now make my cart run at will. Now all I need to do is cut a hole in the seat and reach down and manipulate the V Glide by hand while driving. Just kidding.

I'm assuming that the microswitch should be kicking the solenoid in before it does or other wise that second copper pad and it's resistor are just expensive options for appearence sake. I'm thinking that since I'm feathering the speed of how fast I accelerate the V Glide bar very slowly from when the solenoid kicks in, that the ohm resistance is low enough to let the controller work but when I was blindly doing it from the accelerater pedal, it was going a pad or two more and " over ohming " the controller.

So hopefully, with some fine tuning and adjusting, I should be up and running soon. Does this all make sense?

If all goes well, soon I'll be bugging you about the brakes and stuff. Right side brake drags and stops that side from spinning unless I get it started spinning by hand. I'm expecting rust to pour out when I pull the wheel but we'll save this for later. I'm just happy for what I have now. Some success! Thank you all, again!
kramsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 CC Won't Go / Success Update / Thank You All

Cool! So it boils down to if you can't make adjustments and/or tidy up the sloppyness to achieve good contact and reliable operation, (you gonna have to cut that hole in the seat) you will have to get the potentiometer/V- glide assembly! Great man! Told you not to give up! You got it!(I think I did)
Barna
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramsee View Post
Posting this as a new thread to make sure all ( 72 Volt EZGO, Scotty, Shadow, etc. ) get the well deserved thanks and to share info on hopefully what others don't run into.

First of all,.a big thumbs up and a mighty thank you to all of you for your, time, patience and willingness to share your wealth of knowledge.

Today we took a giant step towards having a running cart. For all of you that led me in the direction of the V Glide / pot, your brillance is outshined by no one.

Okay, now that I'm done kissing *** :), I'll explain.

Today I came home from work and removed the throttle rod from the v glide and manipulated the arm in the V Glide by hand. I pushed it all the way to the off position and found that I can still not get it fully on the first copper pad without just a hair of it still touching the second pad. It's an aftermarket body and perhaps the stop bumper isn't exactly to manufacturers specs but I believe I can trim it up. Now here's where the good news comes in, I move the arm in the direction for acceleration and for some reason, when it's on the second pad, absolutely nothing happens but when it's about 3/4 of the way on the third pad, the solenoid clicks and when it's fully on the third pad, IT RUNS. Yea! And from there until the last pad,...it revs up quite nicely and smoothly to a good fast speed. Bringing it down to slow the acceleration, it performs just as well with exactly the same results at the same spots. I performed this over and over in reverse, forward, charger plugged in, charger unplugged....came inside for a sandwhich and a drink, went back out and repeated everything with the same results. I can now make my cart run at will. Now all I need to do is cut a hole in the seat and reach down and manipulate the V Glide by hand while driving. Just kidding.

I'm assuming that the microswitch should be kicking the solenoid in before it does or other wise that second copper pad and it's resistor are just expensive options for appearence sake. I'm thinking that since I'm feathering the speed of how fast I accelerate the V Glide bar very slowly from when the solenoid kicks in, that the ohm resistance is low enough to let the controller work but when I was blindly doing it from the accelerater pedal, it was going a pad or two more and " over ohming " the controller.

So hopefully, with some fine tuning and adjusting, I should be up and running soon. Does this all make sense?

If all goes well, soon I'll be bugging you about the brakes and stuff. Right side brake drags and stops that side from spinning unless I get it started spinning by hand. I'm expecting rust to pour out when I pull the wheel but we'll save this for later. I'm just happy for what I have now. Some success! Thank you all, again!
Huh . . ???
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your not sure about that V-glide you can buy one and it shouldn,t be that costly.......i,m glad you got it figured out..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
it revs up quite nicely and smoothly to a good fast speed. Bringing it down to slow the acceleration, it performs just as well with exactly the same results at the same spots. <SNIP> I performed this over and over in reverse, forward, charger plugged in, charger unplugged....
Are you saying it will run in forward and reverse, even while the charger is charging the cart?
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

no.........sorry for the confusion.......I went through a major diagnostic headache to find out why my cart would run so intermittently. always seemed like it was after I removed a battery cable and replaced it, ran the charger or unhooked it or somehow connected or unconnected some wiring that I got positive results but couldn't pinpoint exactly was causing it to run or not run. when I finally figured out it was the v glide, I just kept testing and retesting with all the previous situations of the diagnosing that I was doing to verify it to be the v glide that is the problem and not something else and part of that included trying to run it with both the charger plugged in and not plugged in..
Old 10-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
no.........sorry for the confusion.......I went through a major diagnostic headache to find out why my cart would run so intermittently. always seemed like it was after I removed a battery cable and replaced it, ran the charger or unhooked it or somehow connected or unconnected some wiring that I got positive results but couldn't pinpoint exactly was causing it to run or not run. when I finally figured out it was the v glide, I just kept testing and retesting with all the previous situations of the diagnosing that I was doing to verify it to be the v glide that is the problem and not something else and part of that included trying to run it with both the charger plugged in and not plugged in..
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

New accelerator rod assembly and ball stud finally came in. About 15 minutes of installation and adjusting and we now have a fully functional and running cart.
Thanks again everybody!
Now on to the brakes ( after I finish making the custom dashboard )! :-)
Old 11-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
New accelerator rod assembly and ball stud finally came in. About 15 minutes of installation and adjusting and we now have a fully functional and running cart.
Thanks again everybody!
Now on to the brakes ( after I finish making the custom dashboard )! :-)
Wait, I think the brakes should come before the dash!!!!!!!!!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Wait, I think the brakes should come before the dash!!!!!!!!!

yeah but the dash will look prettier..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car